Panasonic tc-p55st30 buzzing flickering upper screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic tc-p55st30 buzzing flickering upper screen

Hello all! Ive been browsing the forums off and on over the years and finally have a problem of my own, I truly appreciate any suggestions or pointers in the right direction.

My apologies in advance if this is a bit long winded, I just wanted to be thorough.

I've had this problem once in the past, sadly I can't remember for the life of me the board that failed (maybe audio?) but the technician that came out ended up swapping all of them under warranty after finding a number had been taken out in the process. The tv itself still works fine however in the past month or so its been starting to flicker (the brightness seems to go up and down quickly with dim lines showing once in awhile, though never actually loses the image) along the upper half of the screen, it started off very faintly and took awhile to show but has gotten progressively worse since then, now starting almost immediately with the tv being turned on, accompanied by a faint buzzing in the upper left hand corner. Occasionally the whole screen will do the same after a bit of time has passed along with the sound cutting out but I'm not entirely sure if that's the tv itself or our cable box. Since then Ive just kept it off until I find out more. I've grabbed a copy of the service manual and noticed a board marked ss11 is the closest to the noise, I've done a bit of searching as well and have seen a loose screw can also make the same buzzing I'm experiencing, but does it also cause the flashing/failure I saw in the past as well? While it would be really awesome if the fix was that simple, I figured I should ask before I go taking the thing apart. Also, when I do end up opening it, are there any other common failure points on these tv's that should be looked into?

Re: Panasonic tc-p55st30 buzzing flickering upper screen

If it's buzzing and flickering I think it would be worth checking out that all the screws on the SS,SC and SD/Su boards are all secured. Flickering may be due to a poor earth because of a loose board.

There is a model which starts arcing and blows the SS board but not sure if it's this series or the next years models.

If it's out of wty, not much to lose.

Comment

Thankyou for the confirmation, I just got home tonight but I'll go ahead and give it a shot and see

Comment

Originally posted by scoobyroo View Post
        Thankyou for the confirmation, I just got home tonight but I'll go ahead and give it a shot and see
        Not really confirming anything other than if it was me I'd open it up and have a good look at this stage.

Comment

Working...
        X