Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 32LD450 Flashing red light. Inc Schematic

Progress!

I've got the new board half working. If I jump PWR_ON to a 3.3v rail. I didn't realise I had to power it on with the soft power button as well

So 2 questions really. Firstly, is is there anything else I can check as to why this would be?

Alternatively, is there an issue with just soldering a bridge wire so it's always on? I understand it'll have more power running through the board, but without the screen on, does it really matter? The current will be really low won't it?

thanks

Comment

Re: LG 32LD450 Flashing red light. Inc Schematic

All sorted!

I took the schematic and followed the PWR_ON circuit on the underneath of the main board (the replacement one I got working with a jumper). They have sold me a faulty one because there was a tiny transistor missing Q402 when I compared it with the original board.

It would be very difficult to knock out whilst removing the board, but I did notice that the connector housing for the cable from the PSU was facing up rather than a right angle on this one despite being the exact same model/date code etc. I wonder if it was damaged and they soldered in a new one before selling, and accidentally knocked out the transistor whilst soldering it in, as it's right next it it.

Anyway I used hot air and replaced it with the one from my original board and now it works a treat!

I'm wondering if I should complain to the place I bought the board off as they can't have properly tested afterwards, despite it being advertised as such.

Here's a pic from my USB microscope of the part and the traces highlighted

Comment

Working...
      X