Syncmaster 906bw goes white after 15 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncmaster 906bw goes white after 15 minutes

I was given a Samsung syncmaster 906bw, the screen works perfectly for about 15 minutes and then it will start fading to white. I have confirmed it is the screen as the same issue happens on any input it receives.

I suspected a possible capacitor going bad so I opened it up, inspecting both the power and connector boards I don't see any physical indications of failure (no bulged or leaked capacitors). I don't have a meter to test them and was wondering besides replacing them all might there be a way to know which one(s) might lead to this issue. Or if my thoughts are wrong and something else would be causing this.

I have attached a photo of both boards and the power board alone.

Power board model PWI1704SV (A) Rev 1.3
    video board bn91-01508C DP06(U) ME19W 070227

What I think are the fuses both show <1ohm
    Attached Files
    Last edited by greendemonzx2; 03-09-2013, 10:12 PM. Reason: added info

Re: Syncmaster 906bw goes white after 15 minutes

video board bn91-01508C DP06(U) ME19W 070227 <--- This is what gets affected or is faulty.

Caps look good but you can never trust their appearance. They still might be gone bad. You need to test or just replace them. I would say there is only about 50% chance it fixes the problem. Replacing video board might be necessary.

Comment

Re: Syncmaster 906bw goes white after 15 minutes

Originally posted by The_Boss View Post
      video board bn91-01508C DP06(U) ME19W 070227 <--- This is what gets affected or is faulty.

Caps look good but you can never trust their appearance. They still might be gone bad. You need to test or just replace them. I would say there is only about 50% chance it fixes the problem. Replacing video board might be necessary.
      hmm, well the caps I can get a full set for about $10 shipped but if you think it may be the video board I'm not seeing a lot of places to get that and it's quite pricey. In the end it may cost more than it's worth?

Comment

Working...
      X