Hello,New here and need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,New here and need help.

I tried looking through others post,but I am not seeing anything that I can personaly use . So I need to straight out ask if anyone can help me figure this problem out. I have the typical problem comes on for only a few seconds then goes black, little blue power button light stays on. So I read and thought it was a bad caps problem like everyone else had, but after close inspection. I see nothing at all. So Now I am very confused and need some help and advice. My screen is a LG Flatron WG2252TQ .

I hope I am not posting this in wrong place or doing anything wrong.

Thank you for at least reading this.

Re: Hello,New here and need help.

Hi, and welcome.
    Did you read the guide to 2 seconds to black? It can be bad caps, but can also be a few other things as well.

Photos of the boards will help too.
    It will also help to let us know if you have a multimeter, and know how to use it.

I haven't done a 2252, but I might have one on my to-do shelf.
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

you are well come here...

and obey the rules..

Comment

Thank you for replying. I did read over the 2 second problem and it does sound like mine. I am still a bit confused on it all though. I do have a multimeter. I am wondering now though should I just purchase replacement boards be easier? Or should I just try taking photos and seeing if someone see something I do not, then go from there? Or maybe just purchase all the capacitors?Strange thing was, a few weeks ago it did the same thing, so I thought it was my graphics card dieing so I went out purchaed a new graphics card everything seemed ok until last night . Then it did the 2 second black out once again. Why would it all sudden die then start working again, now die again? This is soo sad I loved my monitor!! Oh well any help will be useful and I will add some photos of everything later on today . Maybe something will work out.

Comment

It can be a number of things.

It can be ccfl tubes (these light the screen)
          It could be transistors blown due to dry solder joints on transformers.
          other factors. there is a thread here on it.

Caps don't always look physically bad when you examine them.

but it does sounds very much like capacitors if its doing it randomly.

replace them all with same value capacitors, (except the big cap near the power input plug, these rarely go bad.) This might fix it, if not we will troubleshoot it some more.

Comment

Working...
          X