VIZIO VS420LF1A -- horizontal green lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIZIO VS420LF1A -- horizontal green lines

Hi all. So after a bunch of interneting and searching through the forums here I'm quite suspicious of the T-CON board but I'd like some input before I dive in and try to replace it.

Again, VIZIO VS420LF1A. All is well with the TV with the exception of when I try to play any ps3 game on disk only! I get tons of horizontal green lines and a wider ban of snow that continuously travels up the screen.
    The wacky part is I can play off HDD with no issue and my chromecast and roku have zero issues (I do get a splash of the green lines for a second when the roku reboots but no other time).

I've tested this with 2 different systems on each of the three HDMI ports. Then confirmed it was not the playstation by hooking up to my computer monitor where is issue was not present.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Re: VIZIO VS420LF1A -- horizontal green lines

Is there a Games mode you can select. It could be that the frequency of the PS3 is not matched to the scan frequency of the Vizio set. Just a thought.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I would think more likely at mainboard side which processes the video. The t-con passes what is sent to it. More like a software issue. Check for updates in firmware.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

All a "game mode" would do on this model is adjust the picture levels, nothing to do with scan frequency. This sort of came out of the blue after years of use. Plus it's only with games on disk, downloaded games pose no issues.

And firmware, I can't seem to find an update from vizio for this model so idk if thats it
        Last edited by muhtvsux; 04-27-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

So I unplugged the Tv for like an hour. Then powered on the PS3 with the HDMI unintentionally unplugged from the system but still attached to the TV. Hooked it backup, started up a game on disk and wow the lines are gone and all seems OK.

I don't trust that it will last but at least for now it works... :/

Comment

Working...
          X