Sanyo DP46840 Half Picture Chassis -01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP46840 Half Picture Chassis -01

I just picked up this TV today. It is a Sanyo DP46840 Chassis P46840-01. the owner told me that when they first turn the tv on the get half a picture. and after about 30 minutes the tv will go to full picture. I wonder if some of the caps on the main board could be the trouble. I have attached some sample pictures. some of them look a little bulged at the top. not sure of this would be a t-con. but I thought it was strange that it would start working after the tv warmed up. any suggestions would be awesome. thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Re: Sanyo DP46840 Half Picture Chassis -01

post pics of the other boards as well.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Those caps look fine. You might have an inverter going bad. You also might have a bad panel. I have a DP46848 that has half a picture until it warms up. It has bad tab bonds. Flexing the chasis gets the picture to come and go.

Comment

I found that the bonding tab to the screen is not making a good connection. I found a video out on you tube with this exact model of TV. And Wow it was easy to get to this spot. I wish all of the TV were made like this. I added a piece of foam and now the picture stays full all of the time. thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X