X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone,
    My name is Pino and I just joined this forum because I always wanted to learn more about the world of electrical components (Electrolytic capacitors, resistances and ect).
    Beside that, I am really a regular and if you want to know more about me, do not hesitate to ask.

Well, take care everyone ^_^

Comment

Hi everyone, Charlie here. I'm a professional technician. I'm on here because I just saw an interesting post about a power supply I'm repairing for work. Seems like there's a decent community on this forum too

Comment

Hi everyone,
        I have just joined the forum as I was having problems with a Samsung 32" LCD television model No LE32B450C4W.
        The problem that I was having was that the television would make a series of popping noises before blowing the power fuse on the circuit board.
        After a lot of trial and error and 3 fuses later I traced the fault to a dry solder joint which was causing a short circuit. All is well now but I was looking for a service manual or wiring diagram for this model.
        Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Well hello, I am a college student in electronics engineering and found this place while looking for a way to fix something specific. I am hoping to get the help and guidance needed to complete my work. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for access.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSteel View Post
              Thanks for access.
              Although I posted here, cannot now create post in other threads.

Comment

Hello everyone ! My name is Diego, I'm a musician and DIY enthusiast, I have some electronics knowledge from school, love synths and drums, mix that with electronics and that's me !

Comment

Hi, my name is Shane. I am an IT guy for the most part but have a background in Electrical Engineering. Mostly just looking for a place to ask questions and get advice. Certainly going to be the "small fish" in this pool. That said I hate not knowing things or letting an electronic device get the best of me so I usually follow through to find the soltution, even if it's not so practical to do so.

Comment

Hello to all,
                    My name is Rocco. I work for in the transportation industry. My background is mostly in the electrical industry but I have spent a good number of years working on machinery which used plc's. I'm really just looking for answers to some TV and computer related questions that I have.

Comment

Greetings,

Brand new to the forum, finding it very useful for technical troubleshooting advice! I like to tinker and fix things. Motto: "Something from Nothing". My background is in IT and Telecom - software and some hardware work too.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, My name's Alex.

I don't have an educated background, but always liked to mess with stuff. In my circle of friends and family I'm considered the "tech guy" but it's sort of a joke lol. I basically help people with viruses, reinstalling OS's helping people change their screen resolution and setting up home networks but I could do more.

What I really like is messing with hardware. I was at the local dump and I always stop by the big bins and look for cool stuff that's in reach. So there was a 40" Smart TV lying there on top of random garbage so I was like hmm. What the heck. I took it home and it had some discoloration. I had never worked on tv's before but I opened up the back and low and behold the ribbon cable to the t-con board was loose... It worked!

Ever since then I've been picking up broken tv's from here and there and buying them for $5-$20 from the local E-waste place. I've been fixated on learning how to fix them. I bought an LED tester, ESR meter, Fluke 115 and an LCD test kit is on the way from China as we speak.

Now I have about 20 tv's in my room and work in a tiny 4'x4' space on the floor surrounded by them hahaha. I keep telling myself not to pick up anymore until I've sold a few but you know how it goes lol. I just can't let them go to waste!

Glad I found this awesome forum. I need help!

Comment

Hello I'm a new member.
                          An insane person !

Comment

Hello -- My name is David and I'm here initially to troubleshoot my Panasonic plasma TV. Great service up to this point and I hate to just toss it and get a new one. I have degrees in computer and electrical engineering and design/build/test electronics for a living (mostly digital). For the past few years I've built Field Programmable Gate Arrays using hardware description languages (VHDL and Verilog).

Comment

Hi, I registered here, Because I forced flash a wrong bios version for my acer vn7-591g I purchased a bios chip from ebay now I still cannot get it working

Comment

Sorry to waste a spot here, but after enough frustration, I'm just going to buy a new monitor. Admins, feel free to remove my account.
                                Last edited by GigatonneCowboy; 09-29-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Don and I've been a member since 2013 and I haven't posted anything and just kind of read up on a ton of useful information provided on this forum. I am an electrician at a mine here in Wyoming and I have been fixing all kinds of electronics and electrical devices including tvs in my spare time. This is my life and I enjoy the hell out of it. The tips contained in this forum have been a lifesaver and I commend you guys for keeping it up. Thank you very much for the assistance that I have seen on this site.

Comment

Hi all,
                                    my name is Danijel. I'm from Croatia and i have stumbled upon this forum searching for clues about my partially dead monitor. I think this is great forum with tons of experienced people.

Comment

Hi all, I got 99 cap problems but a resister ain't one. I look forward to reading the information posted in this forum.

Drew

Comment

Morning all. I am hoping to find the fix to my Samsung UN55ES6580 TV issues here. Searching first and looking around.

-Scott

Comment

hi.
                                          i m happy to group of member i have our repairing lab i have 5year experiences in laptop & tab repairing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X