Digihome PVR80 (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digihome PVR80 (UK)

Hi Everyone, just to let you know that I have just recapped the PSU board in a Digihome PVR80 Digital Video Recorder. In the UK, this unit is (was?) sold under quite a few other brand names and, for aficionados, my unit has the T810 hardware.

The unit is a ' customer return' (label on bottom says 'Argos') bought from a dealer on ebay (so no warranty) and had worked fine for about a year or so, but when I looked at it the other day the front matrix display was showing corrupt text. I powered down for about 30 secs but when I switched on again some of the display segments glowed very faint and the system did not boot.

Checking the innards, I instantly saw a domed-top capacitor on the PSU board and so I came here to check the make: G-Luxon - uh oh! I took the plunge and changed all the electrolytics on this board and the unit is working fine again.

The main logic/tuner board also has a *lot* of G-Luxon caps but I don't really fancy tackling that one unless I really need to - hopefully they are under less stress than the PSU ones and so will behave for a few years longer.

Some good pics of the innards on this site (nothing to do with me) for the curious:
    http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/vestel/digihome.htm

Cheers

L3K
Working...
X