suspicious KME capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspicious KME capacitor

Hello, i'm making this thread about some NCC KME capacitors i salvaged recently.
    Here's the first photo of one of the capacitor....

notice how the datecode on the one to the left is in gold print but the temperature and tolerance label looks a bit bigger then the one on the right. [The one on the right is a NCC KYB capacitor.]
    Photo #2

I'ts a bit hard to tell, but the one to the left [NCC KME] has a cheaper looking rubber plug then the one to the right [NCC KYB].
    Photo #3

To the left is the [possibly fake] KME cap next to a KME capacitor i got from a surplus store. [which i'm pretty sure is real.] Notice how the color of the one to the left is lighter then the one to the right and the font is different.
    Photo #4

Here it is next to another [possibly fake] one.
    Do you think it could be fake? I'd love to know.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files
    I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Re: suspicious KME capacitor

Not counterfeit, but probably rather old with that August 6th? 2003 or 1993 datecode? The dot in the crown, or logo, denotes Korea Chemi-con (their Korean subsidiary), or Samyoung.

Comment

Okay, i was just a bit suspicious because i thought it was fake because of the gold print and lighter brown heatshrink. I guess now i know for the future.
      I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

Isn't it some co-venture with Sam Young? AFAIK it's sepparate company, NCC just invested in it but it's not their daughter.

Anyway two of their productions facilities still involve Samyoung in Korea. Though from what I've seen in old devices, mostly CRT displays, korean chemi-con caps were dropping like flies.
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
        X