view sonic vx2035wm flashing blue power lite dark svreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

view sonic vx2035wm flashing blue power lite dark svreen

The capacitors I removed I could see that there were five that were bad.
    However the repair did not fix my problem, before I repaired the monitor it had a dark screen and the blue lite on the front of the monitor would flash. After the repair I got the message on the screen that the analog signal was missing and the blue lite stayed lit. When I installed the monitor cable the same problem with dark screen and flashing blue lite. I am unable to bring up the menu options also. The capacitors did correct some problems because I never got the no signal message before. There is still a problem in the signal circuit that feeds the video card, would you know what it could be. Without an electrical drawing I have no way of reading correct voltages.

Re: view sonic vx2035wm flashing blue power lite dark svreen

config term

1) Post top down view pictures of your all boards so we can suggest test points. (i.e. show tech-support)

2) Follow the instructions in my sig file below exactly. Please do not post inline.

3) What brand and series did you use for replacement capacitors?

wr mem

Last edited by retiredcaps; 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I used the caps suplied by LCDalternatives web site for the replacements.
      Attached Files

Comment

The main board picture is a total blur, I can see enough.

1) If you have a multimeter, measure the connector (circled in yellow). All the pins will be DC voltage. Use a ground screw for your black probe. Report all your voltages.

2) Circled in red are two voltage regulators. Measure all 3 pins (ignore the fat tab). List the part number as well for each regulator. Report it like

U1
        AL1117-33
        pin 1 = 0.0V DC
        pin 2 = 3.29V DC
        pin 3 = 5.01V DC

edit: Pic should now be uploaded.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by retiredcaps; 02-06-2012, 04:18 PM. Reason: added picture
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I got a little better pic ov the video card
          Attached Files

Comment

I assume on the voltage regulators the pins go left to right for pin 1 to 3

Comment

Originally posted by Jwh8000 View Post
              I assume on the voltage regulators the pins go left to right for pin 1 to 3
              Yes. Again, use a ground screw for black probe (ground).
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Without an electrical drawing I have no way of reading correct voltages.
                Searching "vx2035wm schematic" brings up

Page 47 has a schematic of the power supply and the voltages for P801
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thanks, it will be a while before I get the readings, have to fix dinner for the wife

Comment

Page 39 has the DC to DC schematic for the 2 voltage regulators that I asked about.

One is 3.3V and the other is 1.8V output. Your readings should be +/- 1% of those output voltages.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

P101
                      pin1 0v
                      pin2 2v-5v
                      pin3 0v
                      pin4 0v
                      pin5 2v-4.95v
                      pin6 2v-4.95v
                      pin7 .8v-1.6v
                      pin8 1.5v-275v
                      pin9 15.5v

I101 ACT1084 I102 AP117vc
                      pin1 0v pin 1 1.5v-3.29v
                      pin2 1.5v-2.29v pin2 .9v-3.29v
                      pin3 2.9v-4.94v pin3 0v

all readings taken with Fluke digital mutimeter model 77

Comment

P101
                        pin1 0v
                        pin2 2v-5v
                        pin3 0v
                        pin4 0v
                        pin5 2v-4.95v
                        pin6 2v-4.95v
                        pin7 .8v-1.6v
                        pin8 1.5v-275v
                        pin9 15.5v
                        1) One of the problems with buying repair kits is that sometimes they don't include all the caps versus DIY. I circled 2 caps in red. Did you get replacements for those?

2) The fluctuating voltages tell us something is wrong with the power supply. Either something is causing an excessive load or one of the caps is bad (see #1).
                        Attached Files
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I did recieve those two caps but I didn't repace them since they looked ok. I did all the rest of them. I'll replace them and give it another try.

While I was getting the votage readings the votages stablized and I noticed the monitor was working. I pulled the video cable and replaced it and the problem came back. Kind of tells me there is another bad cap.

You have been real helpfull I think we will get this problem fixed, thank you. I'll continue tomorow because I need to pick up a new sodering iron because mine isn't working very good.

Comment

I did recieve those two caps but I didn't repace them since they looked ok.
                            One of those two is called the startup cap. The small caps rarely bloat. If that cap is bad, it won't provide stable voltage to the SMPS IC. That would explain your fluctuating voltages.

Now with that explained, here is my standard answer (regulars may skip) ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...84&postcount=3
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

BTW, ordering caps via DIY using digikey (USPS first class mail) is about 1/2 price compared to the repair "kits" found on ebay.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I found a bad conection at the soder joint of c825 + side and the soder trace to L808. The circuit board trace came loose on the positive side. By moving the cap and using an ohm meter I can make the connection come and go. That positave lead connects to pins 4,5, and 6 of P801. I'm thinking this is my source of fluxuating voltage. Cap 825 is one I replaced and I either messed up the connection on taking the old cap out or installing a new one. I'll repair the trace and I may as well replace the two caps you wanted me to replace.
                                Attached Files

Comment

I circiled c825 P801 and l808on the attachmment

Comment

I'm thinking this is my source of fluxuating voltage.
                                    It could be, but all your voltages are fluctuating expect pin 9.
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I replaced the two caps and fixed the loose connection on c825 and I still have the same problem. Any ideas

Comment

Refer to the schematic.

1) With power off and lcd unplugged, test diodes D810 and D812 using the diode test function on your multimeter. Report your diode measurements. You should have 4 readings per diode.

2) With power off and lcd unplugged, measure the resistance between pin 6 (Vcc) and pin 4 (GND) on I801. Report your ohm measurement.

3) With power on and lcd turned on, measure the DC voltage across C809 (10uF 50V). Report measurement.

4) With power on and lcd turned on, measure the DC voltage on pin 6 (Vcc) using pin 4 (GND) as ground on I801. Report measurement.

5) Check all your soldering work for solder bridges and gently tugging on all caps to see if they are held in solid.
                                        Attached Files
                                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                        X