Vizio VF551XVT troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VF551XVT troubles

We Have a Vizio VF551XVT that suddenly quit working while my father, who can open an email and reply but will not send one, was staying at our house. I ran him through a few setup options but got no where.
    Upon arriving home we found that the remote had no effect at all.
    I could turn the tv on with the power button but the only picture was the blue screen.
    I tried all of the HDMI ports and still nothing. (our cable box is connected through the HDMI port)
    I had an digital converter box and hooked it up to the yellow, white, and red ports on the side of the tv (component 2). This gave us a picture and we could change channels but there was no sound.
    I investigated possible solutions online and dismantled the tv.
    I took voltage readings, with the tv on, at all of the identified terminals of the DPS-433BP-3 main board. All voltages were as listed.
    I checked every capacitor on all of the boards an all appeared to be fine, no bulges or defects apparent.
    The only thing that caught my attention was a blinking red LED labeled "D302" on board KLS-550WLTD(2) Rev:1.2.0 . I have not been able to find any information on this.
    I would appreciate any input that helps me solve the problem.

Thanks,

Re: Vizio VF551XVT troubles

Can you post a picture of the mainboard?
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Here is a picture of the board.
      Attached Files

Comment

Has the picture of the board come through?
        Is there anyone there?

Comment

Received this email from the OP:

Originally posted by spculater
          The following message was sent to you via the Badcaps Forums Contact Us form by spculater ( mailto:REMOVED ).

--------------------------------

After attempting to generate feedback on a problem with my LED tv I am forced to admit that this site seems to be a total waste of time and effort.
          Thanks
          Gotta love it!!
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Well, some people don't seem to realise that others have a life outside of Badcaps (as strange as it may seem!) Ugh, entitled generation, or just arrogant?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

wow,well sorry sir it fell through the cracks,a gentle bump would have been a better option...
              Good luck on the repair,I'm out...
              P.S,I asked for a pic of the mainboard,NOT the powersupply.
              Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by spculater View Post
                We Have a Vizio VF551XVT that suddenly quit working while my father, who can open an email and reply but will not send one, was staying at our house. I ran him through a few setup options but got no where.
                Upon arriving home we found that the remote had no effect at all.
                I could turn the tv on with the power button but the only picture was the blue screen.
                I tried all of the HDMI ports and still nothing. (our cable box is connected through the HDMI port)
                I had an digital converter box and hooked it up to the yellow, white, and red ports on the side of the tv (component 2). This gave us a picture and we could change channels but there was no sound.
                I investigated possible solutions online and dismantled the tv.
                I took voltage readings, with the tv on, at all of the identified terminals of the DPS-433BP-3 main board. All voltages were as listed.
                I checked every capacitor on all of the boards an all appeared to be fine, no bulges or defects apparent.
                The only thing that caught my attention was a blinking red LED labeled "D302" on board KLS-550WLTD(2) Rev:1.2.0 . I have not been able to find any information on this.
                I would appreciate any input that helps me solve the problem.

Thanks,
                know this is old but did you ever find out what the red light was I'm trying to figure out same thing with no luck

Comment

Working...
                X