LG 42LE4500 No display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LE4500 No display

Just brought another repair project....its an LED LG 42" tv (model number above) when u switch on u can here the relay click but screen is completely blank..relay also clicks when switched off.

Any help would be appreciated?
    is there anything i can check myself?

Can post up any pics if it would help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: LG 42LE4500 No display

Pictures would help indeed.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

want a pic of each individual board or close ups of the PSU and main boards?

Comment

Every board and one of the overall layout.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Comment

if you need any others let me know.

Comment

Check all the voltages along the power connector going to the main board.

Attempt to select a source and see if you get sound.

Comment

Ok will try that and post results back.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same TV with similar problem. It will turn on and work perfect for some time, and then the screen will go black but still with perfect sound.

I have looked at the caps and they look ok? I am unsure what to check next as I don't want to do anything that might damage the TV.

Also is it possible that the rca (yellow/white/red) causes the problems, or even the optical cable? The setup was rca cable to the sat box, optical optical cable and hdmi cable to the surround sound.

Comment

When the picture goes out can you see the screen glow slightly or does it not glow at all?

Comment

Pretty sure there is still a glow on it

Comment

Well please check in a dark room and confirm to us, because the diagnosis between glowing screen and no glowing screen is completely and utterly different.

Comment

Just checked it and the screen is not glowing

Comment

OK, there is a connection cable going between the power supply board and the main video board. Can you see a legend label next to this connector? If so take a photo of it, or list the labels.

Comment

I hope these are what you mean?

Also I noticed if I dimmed the picture when it was working it would go black screen straight away? Not sure if that gives any my help. Thanks for you help.
                              Last edited by dave bro; 07-17-2013, 05:12 AM.

Comment

You need to check the PWR ON and DRV ON signals. Multimeter red probe on appropriate pin, black probe on chassis, 20V DC range.

Comment

DRV ON is 3.23V and PWR ON is 3.34V.
                                  Do they seem right? or am I not doing it right?

Comment

Are they right? They are the readings before screen goes black, when screen goes black;
                                    DRV ON is 3.23V and PWR ON is 3.32V

Comment

OK, it seems like the power board is bad.

Comment

ok, thanks

what shuld the voltages be?
                                        And anywhere I can get a replacement you know? Or is I worth getting replacement. TV is 2 years old?

Comment

Working...
                                        X