Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic VX2235vw (DAC19M009) 0.1 second to black

Hi Guys,

I have a Viewsonic VX2235wm monitor with a DAC-19M009 inverter board.

It fires up for about 0.1 second, then shuts down. Seriously... it is almost too quick to see the picture. Power LED stays blue.

If I fire it up without the CCFL's in, and no real difference.

After getting the problem, I replaced all the caps and FETS from a kit (good quality caps), so all should be OK there. The problem remains unchanged.

Any clues?
    Last edited by DevoDave; 08-31-2011, 02:28 AM.

Re: Viewsonic VX2235vw (DAC19M009) 0.1 second to black

Measure the resistance of the Inverter transformer secondaries,is the nest step.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
      Measure the resistance of the Inverter transformer secondaries,is the nest step.
      Each secondary is in the vicinity of 128K Ohm.

Comment

Originally posted by DevoDave View Post
        Each secondary is in the vicinity of 128K Ohm.
        !28 K Ohm is a measurement I am amazed at on an Inverter Transformer !!!!!Would expect 400-1100 ohms !!!!!!
        Suggest you re-check

Comment

There are several possible causes, but the most likely is a broken CCFL or wire to a CCFL. Most inverter controllers can be configured to ignore fault conditions for a period of time by choosing the value of a cap. Commonly this delay time is two seconds, but it can be less.

Try it with only one CCFL hooked up at a time. Do you get a flash each time?

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Sorted! It was the CCFL's.

I picked up a dead monitor off ebay and swapped my 'fixed' inverter board into it, and it fired up without a drama. (OK... slight drama... it had a vertical line stuck on white, and a bad scratch on the screen.)

Transferred parts left and right and ended up with a good working monitor.

(I have left over a logic board and a DAC-19M010 inverter board. Inverter board needs caps fixed, but I'm betting it will be fine. Anyone needing one or both? Shipping plus US$15 each)

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X