Panasonic TC-P65S2 Red Light 7 Blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P65S2 Red Light 7 Blinks

Have a Panasonic TC-P65S2 that was playing and just went off... The red light on the front keeps blinking 7 times/ Pause, then starts over... You can turn it on and hear a relay/relay's click, then a few sec's another click... Then you have to unplug it and plug the ac back up, and it does the same thing all over again... I pulled both boards and soldered every connection on there , but still the same thing... No swollen caps, and checked all diodes and none shorted.. Had 5 diodes that showed shorted , but after unsoldering one end they were fine.... Any other thing I can check, or a common probkel with this model ??? Thanks

Re: Panasonic TC-P65S2 Red Light 7 Blinks

Originally posted by colormebad View Post
    Have a Panasonic TC-P65S2 that was playing and just went off... The red light on the front keeps blinking 7 times/ Pause, then starts over... You can turn it on and hear a relay/relay's click, then a few sec's another click... Then you have to unplug it and plug the ac back up, and it does the same thing all over again... I pulled both boards and soldered every connection on there , but still the same thing... No swollen caps, and checked all diodes and none shorted.. Had 5 diodes that showed shorted , but after unsoldering one end they were fine.... Any other thing I can check, or a common probkel with this model ??? Thanks
    your info is a bit vague.

What boards? "I pulled both boards and soldered every connection on there ,"

Where? " Had 5 diodes that showed shorted"

7 blink code traditionally is one or all of these. SC,SD,SU boards.

Step 1: search the model in the forum, if it has problems someone has bound to reported it. read them all because what can cause 7 blink can also cuse others like 10 blink etc.

search for a service manual.

search Shopjimmy check out the SC board and that gives 3 models which use it, search them, search the board number.

TNPA5175 is pretty much a TNPA5081 board on steroids and you could apply fault finding for 7 blink from any 2010 FHD model be it a S2 series or the G20/25 series, size does not matter.

Bad SC board would be high on the list but could be more.

here's a story https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...C-P65S2&page=2

7 blink, replaced Sc , blew that and mentions lines and needing SU.

So, disconnect the Sd,Su from the Sc. remove the 4 grounding bolt on same boards(Sd,SU).

Locate 2 pin connector Sc50, short those pins. turn TV on. If it still 7blinks Sc is bad.

Now you wil need to check the SD,SU for short.

If you read this post that should get you going on that

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...C-P65S2&page=2
    Last edited by tw2005; 12-07-2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      your info is a bit vague.

What boards? "I pulled both boards and soldered every connection on there ,"

Where? " Had 5 diodes that showed shorted"

7 blink code traditionally is one or all of these. SC,SD,SU boards.

Step 1: search the model in the forum, if it has problems someone has bound to reported it. read them all because what can cause 7 blink can also cuse others like 10 blink etc.

search for a service manual.

search Shopjimmy check out the SC board and that gives 3 models which use it, search them, search the board number.

TNPA5175 is pretty much a TNPA5081 board on steroids and you could apply fault finding for 7 blink from any 2010 FHD model be it a S2 series or the G20/25 series, size does not matter.

Bad SC board would be high on the list but could be more.

here's a story https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...C-P65S2&page=2

7 blink, replaced Sc , blew that and mentions lines and needing SU.

So, disconnect the Sd,Su from the Sc. remove the 4 grounding bolt on same boards(Sd,SU).

Locate 2 pin connector Sc50, short those pins. turn TV on. If it still 7blinks Sc is bad.

Now you wil need to check the SD,SU for short.

If you read this post that should get you going on that

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...C-P65S2&page=2

I soldered all boards! I detached the Sc board and now have 6 flashes, which goes back to the Sc board.... I pulled the Sc board and found 14 transistor's 1 diode shorted so far..... I have made some bids on ebay for a Sc board... I talked to another tech on another forum earlier, and he said they do make a repair kit, but said most don't send you enough parts...

Comment

I soldered all boards! I detached the Sc board and now have 6 flashes, which goes back to the Sc board.... I pulled the Sc board and found 14 transistor's 1 diode shorted so far..... I have made some bids on ebay for a Sc board... I talked to another tech on another forum earlier, and he said they do make a repair kit, but said most don't send you enough parts...
        detaching the Sc and getting 6 does not prove anything really as this is what the TV would do anyway but sounds like the Sc is shot.

Just make sure you do those sd/su checks too.

Agreed buying a kit is risky, keep the old board though, you may want to get it rebuilt and I've seen dead board being sold now as cores for repair and getting reasonable money because in a lot of cases rebuilding is the only way to get one going again. very expensive and hard to get SC boards for lots of models now.

Comment

Where is a good place that rebuilds boards ??? I have no problem replacing shorted or bad parts, but looks like the Sc board has more than the normal parts shot.... I went back today and found 17 shorted transistor's , 1 shorted diode... But I think I will look for a good board... Nut I will try the other checks also first....thanks
          Last edited by colormebad; 12-08-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Where is a good place that rebuilds boards ??? I have no problem replacing shorted or bad parts, but looks like the Sc board has more than the normal parts shot.... I went back today and found 17 shorted transistor's shorted , 1 shorted diode... But I think I will look for a good board... Nut I will try the other checks also first....thanks
            No idea now, but could try Quad City TV. they do the TNPA5081 boards so should be able to work this one out but at $120 I'd expect this may hit $150 or more to repair

or ask if this person can

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-SERVI...YAAOSwrklVUiNa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TNPA5175-TC-...4AAOSwHQ9WYg3Y

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...cAAOSwI-BWN9ff

Comment

No idea now, but could try Quad City TV. they do the TNPA5081 boards so should be able to work this one out but at $120 I'd expect this may hit $150 or more to repair

or ask if this person can

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-SERVI...YAAOSwrklVUiNa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TNPA5175-TC-...4AAOSwHQ9WYg3Y

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...cAAOSwI-BWN9ff

I bought the repair kit and have all the shorted parts out of the board...... Does anyone have a schematic showing a parts list and what they are ??? I have a resistor on this Sc board R551 that had a small place on it but not sure its bad.... Its not open and reads in the meg's ....

Comment

I bought the repair kit and have all the shorted parts out of the board...... Does anyone have a schematic showing a parts list and what they are ??? I have a resistor on this Sc board R551 that had a small place on it but not sure its bad.... Its not open and reads in the meg's ....
                10 ohms, should have marking 100, if you can't read that then good chance it's burnt.

If that's shot I guess Q453,454,551, IC521 are all being replaced? How's the 5.6 ohm gate resistors?

Mind listing out the entire parts listed / supplied in the kit? or a hi res shot so i can have a good look. Any instructions with it or just parts?

I'm particularly interested in what SMD parts they've supplied
                Last edited by tw2005; 12-13-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

10 ohms, should have marking 100, if you can't read that then good chance it's burnt.

If that's shot I guess Q453,454,551, IC521 are all being replaced? How's the 5.6 ohm gate resistors?

Mind listing out the entire parts listed / supplied in the kit? or a hi res shot so i can have a good look. Any instructions with it or just parts?

I'm particularly interested in what SMD parts they've supplied
                  Here is the Repair kit they are sending me.... I have already pulled the 14 transistors....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-TX...torefresh=true

Integrated Circuits 4 Included with Kit
                  Transistors 19 Included with Kit
                  Diodes 1 Included with Kit

It better show the layout of the transistors' because the 14 that is shorted are different part #'s
                  Last edited by colormebad; 12-14-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Here is the Repair kit they are sending me.... I have already pulled the 14 transistors....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-TX...torefresh=true

Integrated Circuits 4 Included with Kit
                    Transistors 19 Included with Kit
                    Diodes 1 Included with Kit

It better show the layout of the transistors' because the 14 that is shorted are different part #'s
                    yeah ok, so it's on its way. Unfortunately I'm relocating so I'm virtually out of time. I don't know this board but it's similar design to the 5081 SC.

What I'm concerend about is what might not be included that could be faulty on your board. Which is why I'd like to see the the parts.

If the image is accurate then at a guess there are some bits otentially missed.

If Q661 is shorted, then check Q701,Q702 for shorts, check IC773 short between pin 3 & 5. IC771 is also important as it supplies the 5V to ic773 but you won't know which is bad if there's a short until you isolate one.

I see they have an IPD MIPxxx by the looks of it. Have not replaced one of those yet but have read of someone on a board doing so.

Comment

yeah ok, so it's on its way. Unfortunately I'm relocating so I'm virtually out of time. I don't know this board but it's similar design to the 5081 SC.

What I'm concerend about is what might not be included that could be faulty on your board. Which is why I'd like to see the the parts.

If the image is accurate then at a guess there are some bits otentially missed.

If Q661 is shorted, then check Q701,Q702 for shorts, check IC773 short between pin 3 & 5. IC771 is also important as it supplies the 5V to ic773 but you won't know which is bad if there's a short until you isolate one.

I see they have an IPD MIPxxx by the looks of it. Have not replaced one of those yet but have read of someone on a board doing so.
                      I knew all the resistors that had 100 on them all read 10 ohm's like you said' except R551...It read 8 meg after I took it out... I went across the top of the resistor with a small screwdriver where it look like a small burnt hole, then rechecked it and it read open....

Here are the list of the 14 transistors I found shorted, that looks like the ones in the kit, if they have some info showing these are the ones....
                      Q402
                      Q403
                      Q404
                      Q405
                      Q406
                      Q421
                      Q422
                      Q423
                      Q424
                      Q425
                      Q452
                      Q453
                      Q454
                      Q661

D652 Was shorted which looks like its in the kit...
                      That resistor is not in the kit and I hope there is not parts missing like you said...

Will check for the shorts mentioned above.... thanks
                      Last edited by colormebad; 12-14-2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Just checked Q701 and Q702 and they are not shorted...
                        Also' no short between pin 3 & 5 of IC773

Comment

sounds promising. don't forget to check the buffer boards.

Comment

sounds promising. don't forget to check the buffer boards.
                            What was the testing you do on the buffer boards ??

Comment

these are my own figures which is good enough to judge, just do Vfo, 5v-f, Vscn_f each with respect to the vfg which are those metal tabs, sc disconnected and disconnect the small su/su ribbon. if the results are weird try reversing the probes but so long as there is no short or low ohms they will be ok. vfo typically will be shorted on a bad board

Comment

these are my own figures which is good enough to judge, just do Vfo, 5v-f, Vscn_f each with respect to the vfg which are those metal tabs, sc disconnected and disconnect the small su/su ribbon. if the results are weird try reversing the probes but so long as there is no short or low ohms they will be ok. vfo typically will be shorted on a bad board

Thanks A lot!

Comment

Thanks A lot!
                                  SD42
                                  Pin1 2.1M
                                  Pin2 220K
                                  Pin3 No Reading
                                  Pin4 No Reading
                                  Pin5 6M
                                  Pin6 6M
                                  Pin7 No Reading
                                  Pin8 6M
                                  Pin9 No Reading

SU41
                                  Pin1 No Reading
                                  Pin2 2.2M
                                  Pin3 No Reading
                                  Pin4 220K
                                  Pin5 No Reading
                                  Pin6 No Reading
                                  Pin7 No Reading
                                  Pin8 7.2M
                                  Pin9 No Reading
                                  Last edited by colormebad; 12-16-2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

SD42
                                    Pin1 2.1M
                                    Pin2 220K
                                    Pin3 No Reading
                                    Pin4 No Reading
                                    Pin5 6M
                                    Pin6 6M
                                    Pin7 No Reading
                                    Pin8 6M
                                    Pin9 No Reading

SU41
                                    Pin1 No Reading
                                    Pin2 2.2M
                                    Pin3 No Reading
                                    Pin4 220K
                                    Pin5 No Reading
                                    Pin6 No Reading
                                    Pin7 No Reading
                                    Pin8 7.2M
                                    Pin9 No Reading
                                    perfect, what sort of meter you have? I have so much trouble getting readings from other posters that are reliable using cheap meters.

I'm sitting at a bare table, on my laptop surrounded by boxes and packers.

Moving from

Darwin

to Brisbane

Last edited by tw2005; 12-16-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

perfect, what sort of meter you have? I have so much trouble getting readings from other posters that are reliable using cheap meters.

I'm sitting at a bare table, on my laptop surrounded by boxes and packers.

Moving from

Darwin

to Brisbane

I'm using an old Fluke I used years ago when I worked for a few Tv / Satellite/ Etc repair shops....

Comment

I'm using an old Fluke I used years ago when I worked for a few Tv / Satellite/ Etc repair shops....

Looks Nice where your moving... And where you moved from

Comment

Working...
                                        X