Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like my Asus vw246H has the two seconds to black problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like my Asus vw246H has the two seconds to black problem.

So I did a little reading. Appears to be a common problem that can be solved by replacing the caps 90% of the time or something like that.

The situation. I've had this vw246h for a little over three years. It is commonly on 14 or so hours a day. Today with no warning, I got some screen flicker when turning it on, it went back to normal after a few minutes, so I turned it off and then back on again and boom. Monitor turns on, shows picture for 2 seconds, goes dark. The power button remains blue to show it is on, shining a flashlight reveals that yes the picture is there. Fortunately I have a 20" Acer as a backup, but its just not the same when you're used to 1920x1080. I had this exact set of symptons happen to a 22" Chimei years ago and instead of trying to fix it I just bought a new monitor. This time I'd like to save $200 or so if I can repair.

I don't have any spare bulbs or capacitors to test, and I've never repaired a monitor. I have soldered before, repairing speaker wires and the like, and I always build my own PC from parts so I don't think I'm completely inept. The guides on youtube seem easy enough to follow.

I'm guessing its either capacitor or backlight. Since caps are supposedly cheap, I guess I'll try those first. Does anyone know how to disassemble this model, and where I can find a service guide?

Re: Looks like my Asus vw246H has the two seconds to black problem.

Well I got it apart, replaced all the caps on the board except the big one, and it still has the same issue. I did not replace any ceramic caps.

Saw this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29039 with the same issue. This is the board I replaced the caps on.

When it turns on, the colors and light strength are fine, and were fine right before it died.

What should my next step be?

Comment

Re: Looks like my Asus vw246H has the two seconds to black problem.

If you an see the image with no backlights, then the problem is usually Inverter or Backlights,You still need to show photos using, Go Advanced and Manage attachments,showing all the boards.

Comment

Working...
      X