Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 3007wfp - Wont go into high resolution

Hi All;

I have a Dell Ultrasharp 30" monitor, model 3007wfp.

The screen is in great shape and the self test (RGBW shows great pixel performance). Brightness is great, etc.

Problem is I can't get it to go into full resolution mode. It's stuck at 1280x800. Monitor performs well at the lower resolution but of course that doesn't do it for me...

I have tried lots of debug so I think it's the monitor. Any ideas would be welcome.

To summarize my debug efforts; first I'm sure I have a dual link cable and a system capable of displaying 2560x1600. Video card is an ATI 7870HD. The only connector on the monitor is a DVI-D connector.

I have tried the following:
    1) Running the identical system (computer, video card, cable) with a Dell U3011 (also 30", just the next newest model) and achieving 2560x1600. This tells me my system is capable of doing it and that the cable and video card are capable of that resolution.

2) Two different DVI-D (dual link) cables.

3) Both the Dual link DVI port on my video card and both Mini-Display ports.

4) Three different mini-displayport adapters (ATI certified, Apple and BlueRigger)

5) Both a PC (as mentioned above) and a MAC pro.

I think I have to tear it apart and go looking.

Suggestions?

Erik

Solved - Dell 3007wfp - Wont go into high resolution

On a hunch, I solved this problem (and pretty quickly).

It turned out to be the video card. I have an XFX HD7870 GHz edition. Incredibly, the card drove my Dell U3011 just fine at high resolutions but will not drive the Dell 3007.

Both 30" Dell monitors, both 2560x1600. No idea why.

I plugged in a HD6670 card and the Dell 3007 monitor worked just fine.

I have a ticket open with XFX but that's the problem.

Erik

Comment

Re: Dell 3007wfp - Wont go into high resolution

I was gonna suggest.....that sounds like a GPU issue for sure.
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Re: Dell 3007wfp - Wont go into high resolution

Interesting. My case was slightly different.

I had the same exact problem with my Dell 3007wfp. It would refuse to go into the 2560x1600 resolution suggesting instead the 1280x800 (recommended) resolution with 4 different Nvidia cards each of which was perfectly capable of providing the 2560x1600 resolution.

Turned out all of my DVI cables were single link. Connected the monitor via a DVI-D dual link cable and the picture instantly became stable and crisp. Doh. RTFM indeed.

Comment

Working...
        X