Sharp Aquos 70" LED LC-70LE632U does not power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos 70" LED LC-70LE632U does not power on

Hi i will do that thanks yesterday i tried the codes freakaftr8 mentioned and got the set to power on the back lights for 2 seconds aggain but not i have picture and sound just no backlight and a constant inverted light so i am really happy now i know the lcd and t-con are good what a relief just got to figure why the 420 leds dont stay lit they all look perfect nice and bright ?

Comment

good, once you take the measurements especially around the inverters, you will likely find your problem... compare values across the inverters to see if there are any differences.

Comment

Hi i am looking but cant find anything defective or short ? having no diagram sure does not help ...this is not the simplest tv to fix for sure .

Comment

I've had the exact same issue with my TV and have taken out and tested the same diode and sure enough it is shorted when reading from either direction. Mine is a SB2100 133 instead of the SB2100 050 yours was, but I imagine the diode you used would work for mine? If so - do you still have any of those extras available and be willing to drop one in the mail to me?

Comment

Originally posted by tilden View Post
            I've had the exact same issue with my TV and have taken out and tested the same diode and sure enough it is shorted when reading from either direction. Mine is a SB2100 133 instead of the SB2100 050 yours was, but I imagine the diode you used would work for mine? If so - do you still have any of those extras available and be willing to drop one in the mail to me?
            I should have some spare diodes and I can mail one to you (I hope I can remember where I left). Send me your mailing address by PM. In fact, I am local to you in the triangle area.

Comment

I wasn't able to find an exact match to my SB2100 133, but I ordered this one from Mouser and swapped it in and my TV works great again.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...y750-SB2100E-G

Comment

I just wanted to chime in and say that you all are a bunch of steely-eyed electronics repairmen.

I was able to pick one of these up for $100 because it wouldn't power on. Spent $2 getting parts, replaced D7951, and now it works like a charm! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by spoon-man View Post
                  I just wanted to chime in and say that you all are a bunch of steely-eyed electronics repairmen.
                  I know this thread and this response are both a few years old, but I want to second this sentiment. I replaced the diode just as described, and it worked for me too. This saved my TV from recycling or a landfill and saved me several hundred dollars (at least) for a replacement. My utmost appreciation to you all.

Comment

Hey everyone, this is the ultimate thread that I've been using to troubleshoot my LC-70LE632U and I feel so close to the solution but need some help.

My set started throwing a 1-1 code recently. I'm able to boot into the K menu. Backlights turn off after ~10 minutes. Reset to factory, reset lamp, all that works fine. Every consecutive time I use the TV, the amount of time I have before it goes into an error state gets shorter. I've replaced the D7951 diode like everyone recommends to no avail. I bought an LED strip voltage tester and all of the strips seem to work fine at 181-183V isolated from the power board.

I'm at a loss for what to do next but hopefully y'all can point me in the right direction. Hopefully 7 years isn't too long a gap for fixing.

Comment

Working...
                    X