Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus Eee PC 1018P - DC input short-circuited, unknown C (1206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Eee PC 1018P - DC input short-circuited, unknown C (1206)

Hi,
    today, my EeePc1018p after putting in the external power supply (19V=) suddenly I recognized the power supply switched off - also the blue light of the power adapter was dark. After disconnecting the power cord, the blue light of the power adapter switched on. The power adapter itself delivers the rated 19 V DC.
    Oh dear! - The DC input is short-circuited. I opened the Eee PC and found no error indications... But I found a similar error case with an Eee PC in your forum at https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20301 .
    Nevertheless I supposed it is the suppressor diode (labeled IV, Type P4SMAJ20A, SMA) next to the terminal. But it's working.
    Now the cap parallel to that diode? I soldered out this cap and it was short-circuited. It's a ceramic cap, 1206 (3216 metric) package.
    Does anyone know the capacity of the component, I guess 10 uF / 25V ??
    Regards,
    Thomas
    Attached Files

Re: Asus Eee PC 1018P - DC input short-circuited, unknown C (1206)

Just changed the cap you said on my dead 1018P and it is back to life.

Btw, I just used a randomly chosen cap from a (also) dead asus which was the same size and the same colour, and that was it.

Thanks mate.

Comment

Eee Box PC model EB1012 also suffers that same shorted capacitor issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

I only have 7.4V eeePC (900-series) eeePC hardware that use 12V power bricks... should I be glad?

Comment

Working...
        X