Fixing a Logitech MX Revolution USB receiver repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing a Logitech MX Revolution USB receiver repair

My friend gave me a Logitech MX Revo for free, along with the receiver, dock and charger. When I turned on the mouse, the scroll switch works fine and the battery light is on, so the mouse is working. When I plugged in the usb dongle..... nothing. The dongle looked kind of suspicious, since it was damaged. I took it apart and saw that there was an SMD capacitor missing near the USB connection, so i re-soldered it, and soldered on an USB cord because the broken housing looked like shit. It still doesn't work, not even being detected. Tried installing the drivers, still 0. Anything I should check? Or is the main controller gone and the receiver is just a tiny paperweight now? That guy really doesn't take care of his gear, he broke about 5 pairs of headphones in a year
    I can put text here?!

Re: Fixing a Logitech MX Revolution USB receiver repair

i had a problem with my gf's logitech nano receiver, it was second logitech mouse off dx.com, genuine one, just love mine, so i got her one. Guess what? It just worked sometimes, it would often disconnect, especially if you move it.

Ghetto solution: opened housing, added few small pieces of paper, closed housing, chip and something else got pressed to the board, works like charm.

It ain't ghetto if it works?

Comment

So I should plug it in and just press it together? LOL, actually going to try that!
      I can put text here?!

Comment

And surprise, surprise, it did not work
        I can put text here?!

Comment

then continue on component level, not sure how may of those there are but... good luck

Comment

Working...
          X