Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SyncMaster P2470H flickering

Hello,

I got a Samsung SyncMaster P2470H here with flickering backlight. Its turns on for a few seconds then of again an so on. If I turn on the display for the first time, picture is fine for a few seconds but then starts flickering. Also a hissing/whining sound can be heard from the inverter board which starts loud and then fades out. Besides that the display is functional, responds to keypress and even displays picture from all inputs.
    This monitor doesn't have an internal PSU and is fed direct 14V from my lab PSU. There are only 5 electrolytic caps on the two boards inside which all tested fine. Also no loose connections, burnt components or arcing.
    What would be the best point to start troubleshooting? I would say transformer or CCFL?

Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sebr; 10-18-2012, 10:08 AM.

Re: Samsung SyncMaster P2470H flickering

Originally posted by sebr View Post
    I would say transformer or CCFL?
    I suggest testing both. The transformer is easy to test and only takes a couple of minutes.

As for the ccfl, look for burnt wiring.

Details for both are in the "2 seconds to black" guide below.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for your advise. I removed the metal frame around the panel and traced the wiring but no burnt sport from arcing or anything else suspicious.

But transformer T4 caught my attention: I measured into each of the 4 lamp connectors and T1-T3 read 1,23k but T4 reads 1,28k. Then measuring between each of the 4 testpads on the secondary sides above the transformers and ground, T1-T3 read 0,93k while T4 was 0,99k.
      Is T4 faulty?

Comment

T1-T3 read 0,93k while T4 was 0,99k.
        Is T4 faulty?
        The rule of the thumb, as I learned from PlainBill, is the transformers should be within 3% of each other. So yes, T4 is 6.45% (0.99 - 0.93/0.93) out of tolerance and suspicious.

I can't read the part number, but replacements may be available on ebay.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Well the print on the transformer is:

N
          GT-828
          NY1009DB
          that can be confirmed by the service manual (page 11):

BN81-04485A
          A/S-TRANSFORMER;GT-828,燛FD1323
          SNA
          But unfortunately no luck at all on ebay to find some replacement
          Last edited by sebr; 10-18-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

But unfortunately no luck at all on ebay to find some replacement
            I don't know if it is worth it to you, but

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110904991655

is available for $38 USD. I can't vouch for the seller or if it even works.

You might want to see if they take back boards in case the transformer is not the problem.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yes i saw the whole inverter board too. But honestly this screen isn't worth it. Thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
              X