TC-P50G20 Panasonic 50" Plasma 4 blinks / 10 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC-P50G20 Panasonic 50" Plasma 4 blinks / 10 blinks

Ok so let's just say I haven't slept much lately cause I've been working so much and haven't had enough time to dedicate to this as I would've liked. I just realized how stupid I was when I saw a tiny connector on the power board that was unplugged this last try. So it was definitely my SC board that was at fault, and my original SU/SD boards were still good. I plugged the tiny cord back into the power board and everything started up perfectly. Thanks to tw2005, and especially my ongoing hero Tom66! You guys saved the day! I owe you one!

Comment

I bought a Panasonic TC-50G25 last night. The seller had it listed on Craigslist with a 4-blinks fault. When I got there, he had it unplugged. He plugged it back in and hit the power button. This time, it blinked 10 times.

Like the original poster, if I plug the set in and wait for roughly a minute, I get four blinks. From the sticker on the board, it looks like I also have the rev-AF SC board.

Unlike the original poster, I only get six blinks to his seven when the SC is unplugged.

With SC plugged in but SU or SD unplugged, I still get 10 blinks.

Considering his TV seems to be fixed, I hope this doesn't still count as a hi-jacked thread. tw2005, I will be searching your posts for info on repairing the SC and report back.

Comment

I've been troubleshooting my blown Panasonic with this thread. I've come to a similar outcome as Scuse has that it's my SC/SD/SU board(s). When I disconnect the SC board I'm seeing 6 blinks instead of 7, but that still seems to point to that group of boards.

Do any of you have recommendations on where to get replacement boards at? I don't want to spend a ton of cash, but I'd also prefer going with someone reputable that I'm not going to get bad product from.

Comment

Following along here. Great resource!!

Ok so I too am getting [4] blinks. I then unplugged the SC board and received [7] blinks. Plugged the SC in and unplugged the SU board and am still getting [7] blinks.

Can you please let me know which board you presume is bad or what step to take next to isolate the problem.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sscheitel View Post
            Following along here. Great resource!!

Ok so I too am getting [4] blinks. I then unplugged the SC board and received [7] blinks. Plugged the SC in and unplugged the SU board and am still getting [7] blinks.

Can you please let me know which board you presume is bad or what step to take next to isolate the problem.

Thanks
            there's a few threads about this fault , 4 blink. SC is most likely. check across sc2 connector on the sc board. I expect it to be shorted or find Q661 and check that, also I expect it to be shorted.

search Tc-p50g20, or 25 or tnpa5081 and that should provide plenty of info including troubleshooting gides, manuals, and items that fail on the board. Once you prove it's the Sc i would get ModuslimkPTS to rebild it and you need to check the sd,su boards as per the troubleshooting guide for the G20,25 series.

You should be able to find it, i've uploaded it a few times.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=tnpa5081

Comment

Thank you TW!! Great advice.

Comment

I have my brother coming over tonight with a voltage meter to check for shorts...
                I do have a quick question in the meantime. With regards to the 4 flash code on my G10, I've read that people have held the power button for 10 seconds, then turning on the tv, returning a new 10 flash error code. When I perform this I get a 1 flash error code. Any thoughts?
                Thanks

Comment

I have my brother coming over tonight with a voltage meter to check for shorts...
                  I do have a quick question in the meantime. With regards to the 4 flash code on my G10, I've read that people have held the power button for 10 seconds, then turning on the tv, returning a new 10 flash error code. When I perform this I get a 1 flash error code. Any thoughts?
                  Thanks
                  Are you talking about another model now G10 or is this a typo? If new model, start a new thread. If typo then just follow my 4 blink suggestion. holding power buttons down etc when the PSU is shorted, could produce all sorts of error codes

Comment

The TV I'm having issues with is a TC-P50G10. From what I've read the components are nearly identical to the G20. Or am I wrong?

Comment

The TV I'm having issues with is a TC-P50G10. From what I've read the components are nearly identical to the G20. Or am I wrong?
                      for fault finding I'd check the SC board for shorted SC2, for board repair similar but not quite the same

Comment

Can you tell me what chips are on sc board TNPA5081 in q421 and q403 places?

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy012 View Post
                          Can you tell me what chips are on sc board TNPA5081 in q421 and q403 places?
                          answered elsewhere

Comment

TW2005 YOU SAID, you can test the SU/SD boards. If they test with no shorts or low resistances then I'd re-use them.
                            I found placing the red probe to the gnd plates and black to the pinouts gave the most accurate result for resistance.

I use my black probe on my pin number 1 to 9 of SD42 and SU41 but i just try to figure which point you are using from there to get your resistance? Can you tell me from where to where i have to put my probes to get the resistance? Thank you.

Alex
                            Last edited by husky601; 11-19-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by husky601 View Post
                              TW2005 YOU SAID, you can test the SU/SD boards. If they test with no shorts or low resistances then I'd re-use them.
                              I found placing the red probe to the gnd plates and black to the pinouts gave the most accurate result for resistance.

I use my black probe on my pin number 1 to 9 of SD42 and SU41 but i just try to figure which point you are using from there to get your resistance? Can you tell me from where to where i have to put my probes to get the resistance? Thank you.

Alex
                              have you looked at post 13? or flick through the forum pages and there was a 46g25 in the last week which i have uploaded the training guide with that info.

Comment

WOW thats quick!!! Yes i did see the post 13 with all the specs resistance. I will try to find the other post. Thank you.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by husky601 View Post
                                  WOW thats quick!!! Yes i did see the post 13 with all the specs resistance. I will try to find the other post. Thank you.

Alex
                                  then you should be able to work it out from 13. The connectors are labelled on the boards and the pins, so just stick a probe on the Vfg pads and probe the other 3 checkpoints on both sd & su taking note of expected resistance so you have the meter set right. If it seems weird then switch the probes around as the polarity does affect the way it behaves as it's measuring in cct .

Comment

I know this is a old thread but i had issues with my panasonic tv model tc-p50g20... It was blinking 7 times... after doing some research on here I narrowed it down to the sc board as the culprit which is mentioned earlier in this thread... I am not knowledgeable enough to test all components and know what they need to read in order to be good so i just ended up buying a new board with buffers included... installed them and the tv fired right up.... thanks guys/gals for all your knowledge and info...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason20 View Post
                                      I know this is a old thread but i had issues with my panasonic tv model tc-p50g20... It was blinking 7 times... after doing some research on here I narrowed it down to the sc board as the culprit which is mentioned earlier in this thread... I am not knowledgeable enough to test all components and know what they need to read in order to be good so i just ended up buying a new board with buffers included... installed them and the tv fired right up.... thanks guys/gals for all your knowledge and info...
                                      Did you keep the old boards? It would be worth checking to see what is good and what is bad. & blink can be SC , sd/su or all 3

Given you can't get the SC new and I suspect the buffers may be getting more expensive it would be worth checking.

keep what is good as spares or sell. Even a dead core board has some value as they can be rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                        Did you keep the old boards? It would be worth checking to see what is good and what is bad. & blink can be SC , sd/su or all 3

Given you can't get the SC new and I suspect the buffers may be getting more expensive it would be worth checking.

keep what is good as spares or sell. Even a dead core board has some value as they can be rebuilt.
                                        I tried a sc kit (22 different parts came in it) before ordering the board itself and that didn't go so well. So I decided I was just going to keep the board and buffers, just for the simple fact that I tried installing that kit on it and shortly after installation and plugging her in I had a spark... but besides that I ended up getting lucky with only having to replace the one board...

Comment

I have a similar problem with a TC-P50G20, was watching it one day and heard a pop and the TV was no longer on. After unplugging it and plugging it back in a got a blink code which I don't remember but at the time I had googled it and found bad power supply. I opened the TV up and couldn't see anything obvious.

A coworker got me the Panasonic repair manual and I followed that, initially I got 4 blinks and when I followed the troubleshooting came up with replacing the P board. I purchased one from ebay and after replacing it I now get 10 blinks. Once again following the troubleshooting guide it now tells me to replace the A board. I did one time during troubleshooting end up with 4 blinks again so I followed the 4 blink troubleshooting again and ended up at replacing the A board as well.

Should I keep throwing money at this thing and purchase and replace the A board or am I missing something? I probably wouldn't put in as much effort except my wife loves that TV and would really love to get it working again if possible. Sorry to revive an old thread if that is taboo.

Comment

Working...
                                          X