Viewsonic VX2235wm fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic VX2235wm fixed

This monitor was given to me and had no picture whatsoever, but the blue LED on the front panel would come on as normal and change to orange after a few seconds.

On opening the monitor and checking the PSU/Inverter board I found the expected bloated capacitors, but what I didn't expect was that the main 120uF 400v capacitor was also bulging. This is the first time I've seen that and quite unusual from all accounts.

What I didn't immediately notice was one leg on the main cap had been arcing at some stage and eventually must have disintegrated as most of that leg was missing amoungst the burnt remnants.

Anyway, I replaced the caps with suitable replacements and the monitor is now working again. After seeing the main cap was effectively not in circuit I was surprised there was no other Subsequent damage to other components.

I've included a couple of pictures. The red circles show which were the bloated caps. All faulty caps were CapXon except the main cap which was a TAICON. You can see the scorching on the heatsink from the arcing main cap.
    Attached Files
Working...
X