Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MAGNAVOX no picture powers LED 47MF437B/37

Originally posted by van18 View Post
    Hello again from the STRUGGLING NEWB!!!! I have noticed that the T907 Trans (PIC ATTACHED....ALSO PLEASE CONFIRM OR SUGGEST A MODEL NUMBER TO THIS PIECE SO I CAN BUY IF AVAILABLE.
    I dont know if you left out something in your sentence when describing what you noticed with the transformer.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Dgtech,
      First Thanks SO MUCH for responding....MAN this is tough stuff for a novice electrician ..and I use that term VERY LOOsley. The trans is trashed, wires detached, corrosion and the side with 6 pins is loose. ..

Okay, I still here a a buzz and a slight click when I plug in the PSU. It still does the same even after I removed the tran. I guess my next question is ...holy smokes...what do i do next???

For those of you willing to help. This has now become a real challenge for me. I can say I have spent easily btwn 15 to 20 hours on this. So, my motivation is two fold. 1. I think my wife will murder me because I have spent a fair amount of time on this project and I feel I will spend just a few more

2. Just as simple as I really want to finish what I started...REALLY BAD. Again, any and all help is appreciated

Scott

Comment

MAGNAVOX no picture powers LED 47MF437B/37!!! DESPERATE

HELLO ALL,

I am kind of disappointed with you guys...no disrespect meant but I see some of you guys bending over backwards to help each other on this forum. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm a NEWB??? MY problem is so complex ( I know this is not the case) or I just can't get anything done with this LCD TV?

I have now shelled out $145 for a PSU THAT did not work for my model. VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Next, I sent out the PSU to a company. They told me it was BROKEN SERIOUSLY??? Then proceeded to charge me 100$ and return the PSU with the largest transformer taken off.

Guys should I just throw in the towel and buy a new tv. Anyone have a helping hand they could lend?

Comment

As a 'NEWB' myself, I can vouch that this community is very welcoming of new members. There is a lot of knowledge here, but we can only meet you in the middle somewhere. Back on page 1 Plainbill told you where to look, did you check for shorted diodes on the secondary side? If all the connectors are unplugged and you plug in the power supply, does it chirp? A check of these points might have saved you $245 in unneeded parts.

Comment

If its still chirping check the 2 diodes below the transformer (red box). If its shorted this would make 3 i believe just this week.
            Attached Files

Comment

RPGRUSS /MR. BILL, thanks for your response and encouragement. Again, please know that my comment was not with any disrespect. Just another guy trying to learn some new stuff and save a few bucks.

I honestly thought I posted my comment, to Bill. So my apologies for that. This may seem like a dumb question...no it is , but this why I ask you experienced Guys . I am thinking no, but can I still test the diodes without that Transformer? Yes, the place I sent it said it was broke.removed it. Then, they shipped (PSU) back to me.

So, thanks again for both of your responses. I guess my next question is can I get a TRANS? This particular PSU is just impossible to get. I am will to put in work and make this a project. So, PLEASE help me if yu can?

BEST

VAN

Comment

You can still test the diodes without the transformer BUT you need that transformer for the power supply to actually work. Do you still have the other power supply that is incompatible? If you do can post the board number.

So this company charged you a $100 to tell you the power supply is junk and then sent the same board back with the transformer missing? Did you contact them and ask WTF? I would think even if the $100 was a fee for diagnosis they would atleast mail it back just as it was when they recieved it.

Comment

MR BILL, Thanks again for the help. I no longer have that TRANS. I need to would at least like to get one, for obvious reasons. I will test the two diodes again to make sure they work. However, I am skeptical as I dont really know what the hell went on with my PSU.

I will post the number of the other PSU I have when I return home today. Maybe, someone....if not yourself can steer me in the direction of a new trans too???

If I remember correctly the only difference in the PSU model # was a single #. I have and need the 715T2454-2. The one I was shipped and still have was a 715T2454-1 (this is the extra I was incorrectly shipped).

Just a couple of last things I noticed. Looks like they may have....let's be honest, it almost look like they replaced 50% of the board. The back of my board it littered with scorch marks and heaps of solder. I tell you this because I really don't know what will and will not work on this PSU.

I am hoping my credit card company can help me recoup this transaction. He still insists he did me a favor.

Thanks AG
                  Last edited by van18; 02-01-2012, 07:09 AM. Reason: Wrong model

Comment

I agree with Mr Bill. I don't know what that company was thinking, but they should at least send you back the parts they removed. The power supply has 0 chance of working without the transformer.

As far as the diodes go, you may need to lift one leg to test them properly. I've run into a few diodes that looked bad, having resistance in both directions, but after removing them from the circuit they read good.

Comment

Just wanted to correct my mistake, the PSU Misship I have in my possession is a 715T2432-3. I hope this was what you were asking for.

I will test diodes when I return from work this evening.

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!

Comment

Looks like you replied when I did, so I will add some information. According to shopjimmy, those two power supplies have the same model number, looks like it was just a revision change so it will likely work. I also found a few people on eBay who sell 'repair kits' which include 4 capacitors, 2 diodes, and a Q901. So in addition to checking the diodes, check the transistor that has Q901 written on the board next to it. If it is shorted, replace. The part number for it is W18NK80Z. Looks like that part has been obsoleted though. I did find some possible replacements, but I am not knowledgeable enough to post them with any certainty.

Comment

Disregard my previous message. It no longer applies, you have two different boards that may or may not be compatible.

Can you post pictures of the transformer-less board top and bottom? A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Comment

Guys, here is what i have as far as pics. WOW they nearly/ if not in fact destroyed the back with the solder pen.

I am ready for anything I guess: ) thanks in advance!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

what happened to that board at the top ? Did the repair company do that? Also, it looks like they lifted at least one trace off the board by the transformer so you may need to repair or jump the pins.

If it were me I would just find a new board.

Comment

LOVE THE OWNED SIGN!!!!! Yes, that was compliments of them as well. Could I try to get the a trans.? I looked at them and it was a fairly overwhelming because there are so many on every sight. Do you know the part number for that TRANS. I am only asking because I and nearly every store i seem to talk to cant and will not be getting this PSU.

IS there any chance.

Comment

WOW!! I'd be consulting a lawyer if he's saying he did you a "FAVOR". A new board is maybe your only option. That board is toasted bad and i can't find a board in stock either. I may have found a transformer but i wouldn't hold your breath.

The service manual lists T907 as HJC-S6150

googled HJC-S6150 and came up with 080TL47T900HJ

Googled that and got philips part #996500045266

Googled that and found http://www.ued.net/ued/viewItemActio...AP996500045266

Its not saying it totally out of stock but i would maybe try and call them. I'm guessing if the order sits on their books for say 30 days they'll just cancel the order all together.

This might not be the correct part AND that board might need some serious skill just get it to work.

BTW,
                                  where did you find the repair service? ebay? Post a link. I want to make sure i stay far far away from them.
                                  Last edited by Mr Bill; 02-01-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks MR BILL. Please let me know if that TRANS becomes available. I have the schematic and have been searching for that T907 under every rock I can but it's always just close to what I need ....not exactly what I need.

Yes, i will need some serious councel...IF and thats a BIG IF I do find that TRANS. I know that is not a guarantee for that PSU but it will at least give me some hope.

Worst, I find it, buy it. Then, cross the next bridge. I actually used a local company. So, I am sure you have anything to worry about. I am looking into a lawsuit. HE absolutely destroyed that PSU Board an even worse acted like that was what happens when you solder.

I WAS SOOOOOOOOOO PO'd as you can imagine. You guys have been GREAT today with your help. If you find anything that might help me. PLEASE contact me anytime.
                                    Last edited by van18; 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Maybe that's what happens if you solder a circuit board with a MAPP torch!

Comment

You my friend are not funny...okay a little This is absolutely insane. I have been shopping on line for about 45 mins. Not one store has a PSU at a reasonable price.
                                        all out of stock. Wait im sorry Sears and Best Buy will glady bend you over for $275 and give you the PSU TOO.

So, thank you kindly to the PERSON that FIXED my PSU with his eyes closed and a crack torch giving me no chance to get fed by sears... okay rambling now....

Thanks to those of you on BC that looked out for me today. PLEASE ONE SMALL FAVOR!!!

Keep your eyes peeled for a reasonable:

1. 715T2454-2, PART NUMBER: 996500045188 PSU

AND OR A

2.philips part #996500045266 big fatty transformer.

Thanks again

Comment

What?! How the hell did they remove all that solder resist?! It is there for a reason!
                                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                          X