Diode B3100 and IC FAN6754 in the P Board of Panasonic plasma TV TH-P42X30D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diode B3100 and IC FAN6754 in the P Board of Panasonic plasma TV TH-P42X30D

I am unable to find the Diode b3100 and IC FAN6754 in the service manual of TH-P42X30D.

Can someone help me to locate these components in the power board. PCB images are here:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...FU&usp=sharing

The service manual is also available here
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxc...ew?usp=sharing

Thank you

Re: Diode B3100 and IC FAN6754 in the P Board of Panasonic plasma TV TH-P42X30D

How do you know that these components are actually in the power supply if you can't find them on the board and service manual? Btw Diode is normally D and not B.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

B3100 = schottky barrier rectifier diode.
      The service manual I have does not contain the power board PCB schematic or the list of the components found on the power board. May be I am having an incomplete service manual ... Anyone has a info on the power board PCB schematics please do let me know ... I am still trying on the internet.

Comment

Please help me to identify these components...

Comment

B3100 is more likely to be a ferrite bead, are you certain it is a diode?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Unless you clean off the lacquer and find markings on that diode I don't know how you expect us to help locte an item of no detail.

You're lucky I jagged this datasheet
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot tw2005, usually the parts list in the service manual would contain the components of each and every board/pcb including the Power board/pcb but I can't find the list in the service manual or anywhere for the power board. PDF on MPF6907 was very helpful. I will try to wipe the coating on the diode and see if I can find any marking on it.

Comment

Cleaned the PCB but can't see any marking on the D301 the other ic markings are visible.
                https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0k&usp=sharing

Comment

Can I test the power board in isolation. I mean just the PCb connected to mains and check for the voltages. Is this possible or I would risk damaging the power board.?
                  ( the power board removed from the tv .... Just the power board)
                  Last edited by Chaks; 07-26-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Reposting the link to MPF6907 power-board schematic by tw2005

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1469322409

After trouble shooting the power board once again .... the issue seems to be somewhere along the circuit path marked in RED in the image (below).

Standby LED is not lit-up when the tv is switched on. How can I pin-point the component that might have failed?.

Comment

The standby LED not lit does not necessarily mean no standby voltage as it's switched on or fed by the A-board.

Have you tried disconnecting p2, p11, p35 and 3 white ribbons to the A-board just in case a shorted sn or ss is causing this?

Unless IC101 is running I don't think you'll see voltage at D301 and if you start at the AC input you can see ic_start and stb_vcc which may be worth seeing what's there , I'm not really the right guy for SMPS fault finding though.

Comment

Thanks tw2005 for the reply.
                        I tried all the diagnostics mentioned in the service manual for trouble shooting the 'NO STANDBY LED' issue and It points to a bad power-board.
                        Yesterday I took it to a local Panasonic technician and he also reported a bad power-board.
                        I was told that the tv was working ok till about 11pm and was switched off by remote and left in stand-by state overnight and found in the morning the stand-by led was off. No response from remote or by power-on/off cycle. We hear three clicking sound when we switch on the tv that's all.

Comment

Great news tw2005.

I bought a FA5528 ( IC 101 ) in a local electronic shop and took a blind shot by replacing the IC 101 with the new one. I did this even before trying to test if the on-board IC is faulty or not.
                          The Great news is ... The TV now gets into stand-by mode when switched on (Solid RED light). The TV switches on after 10 seconds I hit the stand-by button on my remote and I have so far run the TV for about 10 hours in total till now and the TV is rock steady. Thanks a lot tw2005 for the help.

A 3 year old 42 inch plasma tv for 100 USD + two weeks of intermittent effort ... Has been a great bargain for me.
                          Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaks View Post
                            Great news tw2005.

I bought a FA5528 ( IC 101 ) in a local electronic shop and took a blind shot by replacing the IC 101 with the new one. I did this even before trying to test if the on-board IC is faulty or not.
                            The Great news is ... The TV now gets into stand-by mode when switched on (Solid RED light). The TV switches on after 10 seconds I hit the stand-by button on my remote and I have so far run the TV for about 10 hours in total till now and the TV is rock steady. Thanks a lot tw2005 for the help.

A 3 year old 42 inch plasma tv for 100 USD + two weeks of intermittent effort ... Has been a great bargain for me.
                            Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.
                            Happy days.

Comment

Working...
                            X