Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP lp3065 repair or part source.

Originally posted by KhitSicker View Post
    With the ohm meter on 2k the voltage goes up to ~1.09 then falls to .000 within 2 seconds.
    If you are measuring voltage with your multimeter set on 2k ohms, you are

1) measuring it wrong
    2) not getting an accurate reading
    3) may potentially damage your multimeter

You would need a very special multimeter in order to be able to measure 2k volts if your multimeter goes that high. Most multimeters only go to 1000V DC.
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

When I said 2k I was refering to the setting on the multimeter. This is the multimeter I have. On the OHM section i set the dial to 2k. You cant see it in the pic but the settings are 200, 2k, 20k 200k, 2m

Not my pic by the way but its the same model mulri meter i have.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by KhitSicker; 05-16-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

You can't measure voltage with your multimeter when it is set to any ohm setting. Maybe you might a typo in post #40?
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

well i guess it was ohms that i was measureing then. never used that setting before.

Comment

Could you measure the on/off pin again but check the voltage, I'm interested in how much the voltage raises.
            I'm thinking PlainBill is asking about those three legged ICs, Hoping there is a possibility one may be a reset controller. Try to find a good magnifying glass see if you can identify the numbers on them.
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
              Could you measure the on/off pin again but check the voltage, I'm interested in how much the voltage raises.
              I'm thinking PlainBill is asking about those three legged ICs, Hoping there is a possibility one may be a reset controller. Try to find a good magnifying glass see if you can identify the numbers on them.
              Do you want me to check the pins with or without the power on. and with the front panel plugged in or out of the logic board?

Comment

Follow the instructions in post #22
                That’s explained in the last paragraph
                Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Follow the instructions in post #22
                  That’s explained in the last paragraph
                  The result is the same as when i tested it the first time. no voltage change on any of the front panel pins when the power is on and the button is pressed. This is with the black probe in a ground screw and the red probe testing the front panel pins on the logic board.

Now I was able to identify the ground pin and when i am testing with the ohm meter with the black probe on the ground and the red probe on the pin ive identified as the front panel there is a change when the button is pressed.

for shits and giggles i tested for voltage on the ground pin and the "on" pin with the power on and the voltage is 0 both at rest and when the button is pressed.

Comment

The result is the same as when i tested it the first time. no voltage change on any of the front panel pins when the power is on and the button is pressed. This is with the black probe in a ground screw and the red probe testing the front panel pins on the logic board.

Now I was able to identify the ground pin and when i am testing with the ohm meter with the black probe on the ground and the red probe on the pin ive identified as the front panel there is a change when the button is pressed.

for shits and giggles i tested for voltage on the ground pin and the "on" pin with the power on and the voltage is 0 both at rest and when the button is pressed.
                    Well then there's a problem with the voltage not changing,
                    Unfortunately I have a pain level of 10 and a concentration level of 0.
                    I can suggest simple things to check but I'm unable to walk you through it.
                    Hopefully someone else will jump in and walk you through the tests.

Comment

ive heard of people baking electronics in the over .. 385 degrees for 8-10 min to reflow soldier joints and the like. is there any valadity to that and does anyone reccomend I try it?

Comment

OK now find those same pins on the logic board. See if the voltage changes at the logic board connector, there is a possibility of a broken wire.

Comment

OK now find those same pins on the logic board. See if the voltage changes at the logic board connector, there is a possibility of a broken wire.

Thats is where I tested them.

They did twitch when I tested them with the Ohm meter setting but not when I tested for voltage.

Comment

Should I just give up on this and part out the monitor at this point? Or does anyone have a sorce for lcd logic boards.

Comment

Did you figure this out? What is the conclusion? lol I just read this whole thread and didn't like the ending!

Comment

Im also interested in the ending.
                                thx!!

Comment

Replace SMD fuse F1 (2A) on the PCB LCM

Comment

Hello guys!! My father in law has the same monitor. The unit was not powering on, anyway after disassembling I noticed that some capacitors were having a loose solder connection, I re-soldered them and now the unit works. There is a one issue though - it has vertical lines. What can the reason be, damaged LCD, damaged LCD controller, power supply, does anybody have a clue from where to start?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                    X