Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 266BW - blue power light stays off

picky picky

heh.. i may or may not have tome tonight, but if i do i will take a bunch more pics, i definately do not have an issue posting there if it helps everyone out...

im the meantime a revised pic from the op..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cadillacman; 09-13-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cadillacman View Post
      picky picky

heh.. i may or may not have tome tonight, but if i do i will take a bunch more pics, i definately do not have an issue posting there if it helps everyone out...

im the meantime a revised pic from the op..
      It definitely looks like the two CCFLs are in series. Give it a try and see if any one CCFL will light up.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

you were right on the money plainbill.

plugging in one ccfl plug at a time, i could see a glow about 1/3 of the way across the diffusers(lcd removed) except one plug did nothing. It was in the top ccfls, the one with the pink/wht wires. I pulled the diffusers and stuff down, the ccfl in question is literally fried, about 2mm missing, wire is fried going into the lamp, hell even the main diffuser got a little crispy in one spot..

Now comes the fun part of trying to find these. It needs all four, theyre pretty rough looking. I cant believe the picture was not pink looking.

Comment

Originally posted by cadillacman View Post
          you were right on the money plainbill.

plugging in one ccfl plug at a time, i could see a glow about 1/3 of the way across the diffusers(lcd removed) except one plug did nothing. It was in the top ccfls, the one with the pink/wht wires. I pulled the diffusers and stuff down, the ccfl in question is literally fried, about 2mm missing, wire is fried going into the lamp, hell even the main diffuser got a little crispy in one spot..

Now comes the fun part of trying to find these. It needs all four, theyre pretty rough looking. I cant believe the picture was not pink looking.
          Replacement CCFLs are easy - CCFLWarehouse or their eBay store, Plasmo Industries are a good source. Determining the diameter and length is a little more difficult. They aren't cheap, but a 26" monitor is worth it.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

we will have to see what they want to do. I think i may fix this for myself if they tell me to toss it.

the model is misleading by the way, its actually a 22" monitor.

Comment

Working...
            X