Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio SV470M horz dark thin lines

Hi All,
    The picture should tell the story, but here are some details.

I have a customer with a VIZIO SV470M 47" LCD TV with dark thin horizontal lines on the bottom of the screen.
    They are static, are there all the time, hot or cold. I have had the back off the TV and have cleaned the ribbon cable connectors from the TCON board to the screen.

At first a little piece of the eraser I cleaned them with got in 1 of the 2 ribbon connectors, and it caused heavy vertical lines on the left side of the screen. I air blasted out the connector, and re-seated it and it went back to "normal" for it's condition.

The TV has a main board, tcon, and power board only. The inverter supply is on the power board. So the options are TCON, main board or the screen itself, I would assume.

I have freeze sprayed the likely components on the main board and TCON board with no change.
    The customer did tell me after I reassembled the TV and left, about an hour later the unit would shut itself off when using the volume control from the remote, but after shutting it down overnight that problem resolved itself and it is back to what you see in the pictures.

The lines never changed however during all of this.
    The TV is about 7 years old.

Input anyone? I would hate to invest in repair or replacement of a main board if it is going to be the screen.
    Thanks in advance,
    LemurJumping
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio SV470M horz dark thin lines

That is almost certainly a panel issue.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
    X