No announcement yet.

AOC 2217v goes blank after power on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AOC 2217v goes blank after power on.

mine has no display.... only a white screen... i replaced all the caps on the inverter board even the main cap 400v / 150uf..... still the same.... only white screen...

Comment

White screen is often a bad fuse, post some decent photos of the boards and we'll go from there.
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

@smason: yep it was a fuse... a very lil one... hehhehe... after i posted found out what went wrong... just finished another lcd repair, hannspree Xm-S, recapped the main and logic board but still the same prob.. forgotten about the 2 mosfets under the main,,, and then voila! let there be light! heheheheh... im gonna post some of the pics here anytime soon... still cant find the time to post the pictures of the board.... any ways, will post it soon as i can... tnx for the help...

Comment

uhm... by the way... how do i post the pictures of it? hehhehee... im such an ignoramoose hehehe...

Comment

just got another new lcd to repair... a view sonic va712.. will post some pics of what i did.....

Comment

Would the caps going bad also cause the display to go dark. I have two of these monitors, the 2nd of which I ordered years after the first. Although it is used, it is much brighter than the original which I have had since about 2009.
              What I'm wondering has anyone noticed a change in the intensity of the brightness. If no one has any experience or answers, I'll crack the first one open and see myself. And let anyone know who could use the help.

Comment

Originally posted by k0i_ View Post
                @smason: yep it was a fuse... a very lil one...
                Where did you find this fuse? I can't see one anywhere.

Comment

@Bwackensquork

sorry for the delayed reply... been very busy.........

its a white one... sorry mate, cant give you the image, ive lost my file....

anyways try this links for similar images...

http://www.societyofrobots.com/image..._fuse_pico.JPG

http://www.mp3car.com/attachments/lc...p-cimg0603.jpg

http://www.designworldonline.com/upl...7%20series.jpg
                  Last edited by k0i_; 12-30-2011, 01:19 AM. Reason: wrong link

Comment

you can find this fuse under the board.. it is soldered directly to the copper trace.....

Comment

Working...
                    X