Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late 2013 macbookpro retina 13 water spill

Originally posted by cyberhack View Post
    Good point. Will keep this in mind if I ever get hold of it.

Comment

Originally posted by larry19 View Post
      Good point. Will keep this in mind if I ever get hold of it.
      It dry very fast leaves no residue. Most likely is carcinogenic so you do not what to breath it very long. CRC LECTRA CLEAN HEAVY DUTY ELECTRICAL PARTS LIQUID DEGREASER, 19 OZ AEROSOL CAN, CLEAR

This one is non-flammable you can read up on it. http://crcindustries.com/ei/product_....aspx?id=02018
      Last edited by keeney123; 11-03-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I took my board, a multi-meter and microscope camera with me on a trip and finally discovered a short on the PP3V3_S0 rail. After the U8030 SO switch, the short starts. I don't know what item is causing the short as I do not have my tools with me to pull them out but took a picture of the switch which looks as if something happened here. . What do you think? Is the yellowish color just oxidation or could it be a cause of a short as well?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by larry19 View Post
          I took my board, a multi-meter and microscope camera with me on a trip and finally discovered a short on the PP3V3_S0 rail. After the U8030 SO switch, the short starts. I don't know what item is causing the short as I do not have my tools with me to pull them out but took a picture of the switch which looks as if something happened here. . What do you think? Is the yellowish color just oxidation or could it be a cause of a short as well?
          I do not think so as that looks like flux. However you can clean the board. A short usually indicates a component has gone bad. Is this a dead shot under 1 ohm?

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
            I do not think so as that looks like flux. However you can clean the board. A short usually indicates a component has gone bad. Is this a dead shot under 1 ohm?
            Definitely not flux. The short is to ground. There is no question of this. That item is the first unit where the short starts. Anything before this component on the PP3V3_S5 line is fine and all those after on the same PP3V3_S0 line shorts to ground. Hope I don't have to pull out too much stuff before I find the culprit. Really hope it is this as reworking on it is easy.

Comment

Working...
            X