Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop Internal USB ( webcam ) troubleshooting

Hello guys,

I've Dell n5110 15r laptop in which the webcam has gone undetected on the laptop, and with a bit of an effort found that it's not a problem with the webcam unit but the somewhere between the connection line to the internal USB interface for the webcam.

As I'm new to this troubleshooting stage, what suggestion do you have on the issue, may the USB interface be blown to an extend where it's irrecoverable. Or else what might be a possible solution, i've thought of making a rogue usb connection from a working port to the camera connection.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers.

Re: Laptop Internal USB ( webcam ) troubleshooting

OK, as a newbie, I cannot START a thread. So. I have an HP Pavilion laptop. Plugged in an external device that (unknown to me) was bad. It SEEMS to have blown my USB ports, definitely blew my USB 3.0 hub. I was told it is impossible for an external device to blow the USB bus. If that is so, why won't my ports and/or hub work??

Comment

Re: Laptop Internal USB ( webcam ) troubleshooting

Originally posted by LadyFaire View Post
      OK, as a newbie, I cannot START a thread. So. I have an HP Pavilion laptop. Plugged in an external device that (unknown to me) was bad. It SEEMS to have blown my USB ports, definitely blew my USB 3.0 hub. I was told it is impossible for an external device to blow the USB bus. If that is so, why won't my ports and/or hub work??
      "I was told it is impossible for an external device to blow the USB bus." well if that aint the biggest load of horse shit this year.

you could have very well blown the fuse if V+ went to GND or the IC if the V+ shorted to D+ or D-
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
      X