Hannspree HF237HPB Two Second Turns off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hannspree HF237HPB Two Second Turns off

I have read over the sticky and have tested most components that I know how to test, I desolderd almost all caps and tested and tested regulators. When I turn on the monitor of course it comes on but the image seems a bit dim and then it turns off. I'm not sure if I'm hearing things or not but I think I hear an arcing sound as it turns off. I'm thinking that CFL's are the issue, the board looks good but I'm not sure how to test the transformers for the CFL's. I have connected each lead of the bulbs to see if they are shorted to the lcd frame and didn't detect that. I'm just not sure where proceed from here. I don't want to have to take the lcd apart, I hate changing CFL's, maybe it is easier on monitor than lcd notebooks? Any suggestions on how to proceed would be helpful. Also, I have tested diodes but I'm not sure how to test zener diodes in circuit??

On a side note, since almost everyone here is a electronics guru. Anyone know where I can get one of these ribbon cable SMD connectors? I can't find on mouser but I don't know what I'm searching for. It's a 6pin tiny thing...pictured.
    Attached Files
Working...
X