Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P42GT35 1 Blink break down troubleshooting

Originally posted by Shinju View Post
    Panel is up and running with SM board out and jumper SC 50 applied.

Solid red LED, I can hear SS and SC hum.

Vsus 209
    Vda 60

SC voltages

TPVad -206
    TPVSCN -58.7

SS

TPVSUS 209
    TPve 134.2
    ok, so sounds like possibly bad SM then .

Comment

Safe to assume SC board is solid?

Comment

Safe to assume SC board is solid?
        yes, that's the whole idea of that to help determine how many boards are involved. It at least confirms the voltages on the Sc are in tolerance, can still have image issues but unlikely.

Comment

Cool, replacement buffer should be here tomorrow. I will update when I get it installed/tested.

Comment

Cool, replacement buffer should be here tomorrow. I will update when I get it installed/tested.
            check it first for shorts before install. did you check yours to confirm it's shorted?

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              check it first for shorts before install. did you check yours to confirm it's shorted?
              I did see a small pock mark on one chip under some of the glue (IC's are covered in it) So I sure this was the cause. I ran out of time to do a check on it but it seems this IC is suspect.

Comment

I did see a small pock mark on one chip under some of the glue (IC's are covered in it) So I sure this was the cause. I ran out of time to do a check on it but it seems this IC is suspect.
                well, all I can suggest is check for short between vfg and the buffer outputs on that replacement because i have blown a 5081 SC with 2 shorted buffer boards on a 50" not doing this

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                  well, all I can suggest is check for short between vfg and the buffer outputs on that replacement because i have blown a 5081 SC with 2 shorted buffer boards on a 50" not doing this
                  Never tested a Panny buffer, I am sure its the same as doing other plasma buffers.

Do they have test points? I know LG buffers do. I didnt see any on this though.

Comment

Thanks TW2005 and Tom66 for your guidance on this too.

Comment

Test from the screws to each of the pins on the connectors going to the plasma panel.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        Test from the screws to each of the pins on the connectors going to the plasma panel.
                        Got it! Thanks.

Comment

So I put my Fluke in Diode mode and Put the + probe on the HV Screw landing and ran the - probe over the connector pins and it seems every chip has a short? I was getting solid beeps all over the connector on each output on each HV screw landing.

Comment

So I put my Fluke in Diode mode and Put the + probe on the HV Screw landing and ran the - probe over the connector pins and it seems every chip has a short? I was getting solid beeps all over the connector on each output on each HV screw landing.
                            dead, very lucky with the Sc board then not blowing.

Comment

Lucky and glad the protection circuit was working well!

Comment

Panel is up and running with a new SM board installed. Picture looks excellent. I do notice this tv likes image retention if you Switch from bright to dark content like stopping a bluray mid scene. Seems to go away instantly once a signal/picture comes on after.

Gonna call it fixed. I have a set of TY-ER3D5MA IR Viera 3D glasses but tin cannot get them to sync to this tv.
                                Last edited by Shinju; 02-05-2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Panel is up and running with a new SM board installed. Picture looks excellent. I do notice this tv likes image retention if you Switch from bright to dark content like stopping a bluray mid scene. Seems to go away instantly once a signal/picture comes on after.

Gonna call it fixed. I have a set of TY-ER3D5MA IR Viera 3D glasses but tin cannot get them to sync to this tv.
                                  My 50 always does that from a still image but when in normal no issues and has over 10 000 hrs, I think it is a characteristic as there is never an after image watching TV.

enjoy

Comment

Awesome!

Thanks again TW2005 and Tom66 and offline Capkid!

Comment

Working...
                                    X