• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: view sonic vx2035wm flashing blue power lite dark svreen

thanks, I'll work on tomorrow and report back

Comment

Originally posted by Jwh8000 View Post
      I found a bad conection at the soder joint of c825 + side and the soder trace to L808.
      That would explain some of the fluctuating voltages on pins 4-9 (as per schematic - your pin numbering might be backwards). Pin 1 is stable at 15.5V DC.

That is why I suggested #5 to doublecheck all your solder work especially in this area around D812, C823, C825, C822, and R833.

Some of things I'm asking you to check is more for verification. I have an idea what to expect for #1 to #4, but it is nice to have confirmation.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I wasn't able to get the voltage reading since I have to get them off the bottom of the card and I cann;t get to the test points with the cables connected.

the readings for I801 g to pin 6 is .417m

D810

D812
        lnf
        inf

I'm not an electronics expert but I would expect to see the same readings on both. I would expect to see inf on the reverse readings so maybe D810 has a problem.

I did the reading using the center pin and going to the outside pins. I hope that was the correct way to measure the dioads.

Did I mention that when the signal cable is disconnected the voltages settle in and the blue flashing lite goes solid orange.

All my soder points are fine and making good connections.

Comment

You were corect I did have P801 connecters reversed

Comment

I wasn't able to get the voltage reading since I have to get them off the bottom of the card and I cann;t get to the test points with the cables connected.
            I use cardboard for separation and to make sure the board doesn't short out. This allows you to test boards upside down and get the voltage measurements.

the readings for I801 g to pin 6 is .417m

D810

D812
            lnf
            inf

I'm not an electronics expert but I would expect to see the same readings on both. I would expect to see inf on the reverse readings so maybe D810 has a problem.
            All those readings indicate the diodes are good. A diode allows current flow in one direction so it should measure between 0.2 and 0.5V one way and infinite in the other. 0.909V is "close enough" in this case to infinity.

If a diode read the same in either direction, it is shorted.

Did I mention that when the signal cable is disconnected the voltages settle in and the blue flashing lite goes solid orange.
            Not that I remember.

Which one do you call the signal cable?
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

analog computer cable

Comment

analog computer cable
                What happens if you use the DVI cable instead?
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

same symtoms

Comment

16.4 volts across c809
                    16.4 volts on I801 pin 4 and 6

Comment

16.4 volts across c809
                      16.4 volts on I801 pin 4 and 6
                      Those readings indicate that the SMPS IC is working fine as per page 5 of

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...C2/LD7575.html

Can you post a clear focused picture of the main board (front and back) as close to 2000x2000. Use macro mode if your camera has one.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

is the main board the power board the one we have been working on?

Comment

is the main board the power board the one we have been working on?
                          Main board has the hdmi, rca connections. The 2 previous photos you have are not clear enough to make details (all fuzzy). It should be like this clear so we can make out all the detail and suggest test points.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1290283049
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I got a better pic for you
                            Attached Files

Comment

D810

D812
                              lnf
                              inf

I forgot to point out that sometimes in circuit readings are not 100% accurate and you have to desolder the component to get an accurate reading.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I got a better pic for you
                                1) Okay, that new picture helps. Unfortunately, I don't spot anything obvious that is wrong.

2) My best guess right now is that something is wrong on the main board if the analog and DVI signal cause the voltages to fluctuate. Since you say the voltages are stable when there is no connection, it sounds like the main graphics chip might be shorted internally?

3) A really long shot would be to recap the entire main board?

4) I'm out of ideas for now.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Let me think about it but I may just give up on for now. You were very helpfull and I wouldn't have goten this far without your help.

One other thing I noticed that even with the voltages stable I was never able to bring up the menu and when I turn on the monitor without the analog cable connected I get a message on the screen that states no signal analoge cable disconnected then it goes away.

Comment

Let me think about it but I may just give up on for now. You were very helpfull and I wouldn't have goten this far without your help.

One other thing I noticed that even with the voltages stable I was never able to bring up the menu and when I turn on the monitor without the analog cable connected I get a message on the screen that states no signal analoge cable disconnected then it goes away.
                                    That is normal for most monitors - without a signal you are unable to access the menu.

PlainBill
                                    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                    X