PN58B550 is DEAD - Please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN58B550 is DEAD - Please help!!!

I just got a free Sammy Plasma model PN58B550 from my company, the TV was always mounted on a wall in a conference room and used intermitently, not to excess by any means. One day they went to turn it on and nothing, no blinking lights, no clicks, no power up sound. I took the back off and tested voltage to the power supply and past the first 2 fuses, that was the extent of my troubleshooting however power is flowing into the power supply. To the right of the power entry to the power supply there is a small unlit light bulb on the power supply board when power is present and passing into the supply. I assume this being unlit poses a problem with the power supply? I ordered a new power supply that I am waiting on, what else should I check for if this isn't the problem or am I on the right track?

Re: PN58B550 is DEAD - Please help!!!

That is a neon bulb used as a surge arrestor, will not normally light.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
    X