• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: polaroid tv capacitor identification

Originally posted by Shinju View Post
    Wow, what a POS!

Polaroid TDX-02611C

I am going to avoid these Poloriod panels going forward. Low quality and very fickle parts!

After tracking down the the original power supply was toast, and getting another one that worked for all of 5 minutes before it stopped working (sound but no backlight) replaced the Q16-17 n-channel fets and the 450v 10uf caps it worked for all 20 min before it did the same problem as before. I then noticed the small chip in IC7 socket was not seated right and it had 2 missing legs ( error controller ic?) anyway so I took the one out of the old power supply and plugged it in (two totally different style chips) and low and behold it's working. It's going on 35 minutes with no issues so far.

Ugh lol what a mess! I will give these sets credit they are easy to take apart.

Nah--No better and no worse than the majority of the LCD sets out there. We have exactly the same make sets here, but marked either Bush, Polaroid, Hisense etc--Whatever name they fancied sticking on the sets that day!....

Simple and straightforward generally, although that PSU is unusual with its high supply to the inverter.

A positive Bonus, Only 3 or 4 screws to get at practically everything--Instead of 40!!
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

I was diode checking the "bad" supply that was originally with the set and D10 appears to be toast. So with that said when I got this unit the power LED wouldn't even come on when plugged in so would D10 cause this?

I checked all the other smaller Diodes on the board they are readingD23/24 183 and D7/6 505 D5 445 all of these are in circuit.
      Last edited by Shinju; 04-25-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Yes - D10 is a common failure on these boards. Look here at my post on a similar board used in a Memorex 32 LCD. Same problems.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=TDA-03211C
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

After all I did to fix the new power supply I got, it's not working again. It turns on and the back lights come on for the Polaroid logo then they shut off. There is audio and a picture but no lights!

Comment

Working...
          X