X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PZ570 unusual color / display issue

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster.
    I have a LG 60PZ570 plasma that has developed a really weird discoloration issue a reddish / rainbow kind of effect that is worse on the right hand side of the tv but extends through the centre.

The kicker is after about 30 minutes it goes away and the tv will work all day with no issues.

Ive tried all basic troubleshooting i.e. factory reset, diff types of inputs etc

Ive posted 2 videos of the effect on youtube

It seems to be present then not present and particuarly bad on white / green backgrounds

http://youtu.be/k84TiMr1_og

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC34Eif3ipA

Any thoughts, suggestions or fixes would be great.

Regards

Daniel

Re: LG 60PZ570 unusual color / display issue

Hi Daniel,
    Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your LG Plasma TV, Model # 60PZ570. Sounds like it could be one of many issues but will definitely need to have a qualified technician trouble shoot the problem. This unit is an Australian model so I am assuming it was either purchased in Australia or that you're in Australia? I might be wrong, but if I am correct, please call an LG Support Representative on 1300 LG CARE (1300 54 2273) for technical assistance...IFV

Comment

Looks like a case of Mal-discharge to me--probably caused by a dry-joint on the ERC coils that afflict some models of LG sets....

You'll need to remove both 'SUS' Boards and check the soldering on the thick heavy coils on each board....

Worth checking that the panel voltages such as Vs and Va are correct at the same time, (Marked on rear of PDP on paper label) as these can have a big effect on how the panel works, and maybe monitor the Vs voltage while the set shows different images such as strong green or peak whites, as its possible the PSU is running out of puff to drive the set for some reason to full white brightness....

Great that LG Electronics comes in to tell you--

To call an authorised dealer but offers no real constructive advice--Only need to read back of set for that advice LOL!
      Last edited by Alastair E; 10-15-2014, 09:27 AM.
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

See HERE:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=60pv450

Very common fault on PZ&PV series LGs, easy fix (just cold solder joints on sustain board ERC inductors.)
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply on this i didn't get around to having this fixed until i came back from holidays.

I can confirm it was a dry solder joints as indicated on the sustain board ERC inductors.

Thanks everyone for the input and help on this!

Regards

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by LGElectronics View Post
            Hi Daniel,
            Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your LG Plasma TV, Model # 60PZ570. Sounds like it could be one of many issues but will definitely need to have a qualified technician trouble shoot the problem. This unit is an Australian model so I am assuming it was either purchased in Australia or that you're in Australia? I might be wrong, but if I am correct, please call an LG Support Representative on 1300 LG CARE (1300 54 2273) for technical assistance...IFV
            Lol, are you for real ?
            Last edited by mmartell; 11-30-2014, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Lol, are you for real ?
              Cant be. Who would admit they actually work for LG? Garbage TV.

Comment

Working...
              X