Bought a Proscan 55LC55S240V69

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a Proscan 55LC55S240V69

Here's a general observation of the issue : Immediately when plugged in it tries to power on ( relay clicking ) fails then goes into standby at which point if the power button is swiped will try to power on again , fail and then remain in that state without going back into standby . Visual check of power supply components seems good with the exception of a buzzing sound coming from the general area of VD812 which has SP933 and B2545G printed on it . Backlight flashing momentarily ( intermittent ) along with clicking relay . I repaired a Hitachi with similar issue by replacing the mainboard ... the difference being that the backlights would come and and stay on indefinitely .

Re: Bought a Proscan 55LC55S240V69

Common problem with this model, check the rectangular blue polyfilm capacitor near the transformer on the psu

Comment

I did visually it looks good , no signs of overheating . The only thing that's abnormal off hat is the buzzing sound coming from a transformer winding , almost inaudible .

Comment

But sticking with your advice does anyone know of a replacement for that capacitor ?

Comment

Originally posted by christo499 View Post
          But sticking with your advice does anyone know of a replacement for that capacitor ?
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=17613&page=4

quick glance... see post #62 onward.

or this thread:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25679

they suggest taking a look at C857
          Last edited by traderx; 10-24-2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I decided to buy a working parts tv with a cracked panel instead of fixing the power supply : LG 55LH400C . If anyone has a direct reference to the panels being the same I'd appreciate it . The Tcon board is the same in both models so I assume the panel is the same . I haven't bought the parts TV yet .

Comment

The PSU will NOT be the same, but you could always just swap the Proscan LCD panel into the LG.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                The PSU will NOT be the same, but you could always just swap the Proscan LCD panel into the LG.
                Thats' what I meant . I figure since the tcon is the same so is the panel .

Comment

If the t-con board is the same there should be no issue. Only concern could be mechanical mounting positions for panel being slightly different.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Anyone have a power supply near Tampa/Lakeland/Winter Haven/Orlando Fl. I could try in the tv before I buy one ?

Comment

anyone ?

Comment

Update : Replaced the usual capacitor and the set works great . It sat for a year before I pulled the cap out and noticed there was a crack in it .

Comment

Working...
                        X