Acer AL 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer AL 2016

Came out and found monitor in sleep mode, attempted to turn on with only the led indicator functioning, found cap bubbled up replaced 1000uf 10v with 1000uf 35wdc now it at least turns but has 2 sec light up and fail. but now the led will stay lit. the lower half of the screen is a bit darked out...Any ideas???

Re: Acer AL 2016

correction its an AL2016W

Comment

Probably a failed driver; possibly you failed to hook up the CCFLs properly.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I marked the ccfl's as I unplugged them but will recheck them. How do I go about the driver situation? What to look for?

Comment

Originally posted by hydafl View Post
          I marked the ccfl's as I unplugged them but will recheck them. How do I go about the driver situation? What to look for?
          Make sure you plugged the leads completely. I was about to power one monitor up yesterday when I realized one plug wasn't all the way into the socket.

Beyond that, pictures help us help you. Some monitors use surface mount FETs soldered to the board. Others use through-hole FETs. Some use FETs in 8 pin DIP packages.

Pictures of at least 1000 x 1000 pixels are best. Attach them using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Great call there PlainBill removed the back and voila the ccfl plugs werent seated all the way. Monitor back up and lookin good
            Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X