panasonic TC-P50U50 3d conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panasonic TC-P50U50 3d conversion?

okay so kind of an interesting question may be stupid but here goes. I couldn't help but notice that the inside of this TV is very similar to the st. Series and the ut series minus the main board with the 3d capability. If I were to buy a 3d main board for this TV and install it would it work.? It looks like the panels and sustains are identical. what's the main difference in panels?
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Re: panasonic TC-P50U50 3d conversion?

Well did more research. This tc-p50u50 uses same everything except the mainboard. Its a standard 2d non smart capability. The tc-p50ut50 is essentially the same tv with a different base stand and mainboard and back cover. If I replace the mainboard with that of a tc-p50ut50 do you all think it will work? Im going to get the stand and blue tooth dongle from a cracked screen tc-p55ut50.

My question isthe 55 inch version uses the same sustain board for boards and all internals as a 50 inch versions of the 3d TV but mine being a 50 inch version would the 55 mainboard work? Part numbers are the same.

Comment

Main concern with putting 3D board in 2D is often 3D is brighter than 2D and sustains faster - this may mean the current sustains or power supply will struggle. 55" main board in 50" should be OK -- may have to tweak some of the settings to get ideal picture.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Good news Tom. Thanks for the tip..actually power supplies between tje two are identical.

Comment

And it works! Apparantly panasonic designed the tv to be able.to take either board. Only difference is the back and stand mount.

Comment

Working...
          X