This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi my name is eric and i want to learn moe i mean more.

Comment

Hello to all. I'm from Finland and looking for answers to my iMac 2009 computer. I guess I'm in right place here!

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Skhu',based in Gaborone BOTSWANA (Southern AFRICA) I got into electronics in early 1980s having keen interest in the TV repair industry.This is when the hybrid (Valve /Transistor TVs) were phasing out.Was just lucky to have the knowledge of the technology.
        Worked for a couple of TV repair workshops and opened my own in year 2000 and had yet to have the transition from CRT to Plasma >Lcd>Led and now Oled. The journey has been quite interesting and challenging everyday as the field is ever evolving.I am also in TV satellite solutions & installations.
        I got into BadCaps whilst in google-search for a Sony KDL-46EX720 (Error Code4). I found interesting things posted in this thread and it somehow led to what helped me discover where the problem was with my set that i will post later.
        As being,passion driven in this field, i will learn a lot and impart with whatever experience,knowledge i acquire everyday.
        It is great to be in a forum flooded with knowledgeable members.
        Thank you administrator for having created this forum and accepting my membership.

Comment

Hello, my name is Emil, from Bulgaria.Thanks!

Comment

Greetings, Alan from Minnesota USA, trying to repair my beloved Dell 2709w monitor.

Comment

www.badcaps has helped me alot in fixing TV's so i figured i would join!
              i do this on the side for friends.
              i build drag cars for a living and this is one more thing i can add to the list of many things i have learned to repair with the help of Great Places like this!!!

Comment

Hey all,

I'm in the western USA, I have started tinkering more with electronics as I like you have a compelling desire to repair and find out how things work. I am a mechanical engineer now working in aerospace business. Been graduated for about three years loving life.

I'm currently fixing two TVs, both LCD and CRT, between sewing projects and small house repairs. I would Love to go back to school and study more mechatronics and robotics.

I love breaking out my NES, one of my favorites and slowly get closer to beating some games from way earlier.

Comment

hey lads, new here and love the information getting around

25 living in aus and love tech

Comment

Hello all @ badcaps.net, I'm Peben , living in the Netherlands. Currently trying to fix some laptops with bios issues. Seeking for a solution I came accros this website.

Greetings,

P.

Comment

Hello, Breidi from Saudi. Mainly interested in cap tech and selecting/replacing appropriate caps in various electronics.

Comment

Hi all. Mark from Scotland here. I'm looking for some help diagnosing faults on a couple of plasma screens I have. Look like I've found the right place.

Comment

Hi all, Mildew from new zealand here, ive been into computers since the early 80's, and into music for about as long.

Comment

I can't post anything

Comment

Hi all
                              Am Limbani from Malawi am new to this forum thought could learn and share some ideas am into IT/electronics

Comment

Hi, I'm John, an IT dinosaur, around since the dawn of small business computing (Honeywell Bull days), on through ACT Sirius/Apricot era (first UK agent), early 'portable' computing (Osborne agent) and finally 'IBM 86' PCs (no Apple... couldn't build or upgrade them so they were of no interest!).

My dad introduced me to electronics - he repaired radios & tv's - and had me build my first crystal set and then he got me a Philips Electronics set, with funny little spring connectors to hook up the comnponents, and I loved it! Of course they were condensers back then... hehe...

Professionally very much an IT "jack of all trades" though mainly software. I've repaired many computers, including laptops, but mostly swapping out boards - no component level apart from the odd power jack (not even sure that counts!).

My first serious introduction to badcaps came when a company gave me a large batch of NEC Multisyncs that had failed. I was doing some volunteer work and needed some monitors for teaching purposes and decided to give them a go, and it turned out that despite being a very expensive leading brand (at that time) about 4 out of 5 failures were down to caps.

Comment

Hello to everyone...
                                  My name Çağlar.....I try to learn electronic business myself

Comment

Hello everyone
                                    My name is Karol, i live in Poland and usually make as all rounded mr. Handy

Comment

Hi All,

My name is John and I live in Florida. I am here mostly for help with my Samsung TV. I have 4 of them so i might be here a lot from what i have read in the forum already. I also have 2 PCs that will probably need some help at some point. Don't know much about them, i only keep them around to play Battlefield 1942.

Comment

Hi everybody
                                        I'm Mick from Ireland. I'm a mature student studying computer science. I've been a marine engineer and safety guy in previous careers. Got drawn to Badcaps because i'm thinking of repairing my Toshiba 40133db led tv which seems to have an led or driver fault. I'm in no panic to fix and lots of people recommend Badcaps so I'm here to learn. Thanks in advance.
                                        Cheers
                                        Mick

Comment

My name is Tom and I'm located in Hawaii.

At the moment I'm trying to repair an LCD tv that someone gave me.

I suppose I need to make this introductory post so that restrictions can be removed from my ability to start a new thread. Anyways. That's about it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X