X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi im kevin.
    I live in south louisiana, surviving the huge flooding that happened.
    Im a bit all around with skills, mostly learned on my own, some through work experience.
    Got a degree in computer electronics and 4 years work experience with computers.
    Also got a few months work experience with automotive, mainly as an oil changer and tire changer.
    Also good with soldering, carpentry, and some construction.

Comment

Hi, I'm Tony, a retired Physics teacher in the Isle of Wight, UK, with an interest in all things electronic, and who gets asked to do repairs on friends' stuff. Always keen to learn, and have worked with computers since the 1970s - learned to program the Z80 in machine code in those days! Went through uni with a slide rule! Things change...

Comment

Hi, I'm Russell from New Zealand. I have long been an electronics hobbyist and have also previously worked in Electronics Manufacturing. I have a Panasonic TH-P42X10Z that I am trying to repair hence joining this forum.

Comment

Hello My name is Ibrahim Salihu Yusuf from Nigeria.
          I just completed B.Eng Electrical Engineering. I do electronic repairs as well as embedded systems development (with Raspberry Pi and Arduino).

I was working on the repair of a lenovo notebook when I came across BadCaps, then I decided to join the community.

Its nice being here.

Comment

Hello everyone I joined this forum to learn more about bad caps. I hope I arrived at the right place

Comment

Hello o/

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Seth. Ive been working on small electronics, PC's, and various projects for some time now (more than a decade professionally, and that's all I will say haha), and this is officially my first forum post ever. I am interested to see what resources are available here, and share what knowledge and resources I have with others (if they are useful to anyone but me).

Every day is a good day to learn something new, fix something that has broken, or make something better! Have a good day everyone!

Comment

Hello everyone, this is my 1st thread so I can be fully activated. Cheers. Melv (melonslug)

Comment

Hello,

I am brand new to the badcaps society and am looking to learn some amateur repair tips to keep all my of my electronics functioning! I'm looking forward to learning some tips and tricks as well as meeting some knowledgeable people along the way!

Thanks very much!
                    Kevin

Comment

Hello, I'm new here and decided to join your forum to get help with some of my electronics repairs. Hopefully I can be helpful in some ways to return the favor to others here also.

Comment

Hello,
                        I stumbled upon this forum while searching for a repair possibility of my Samsung TV. I hope I can find an answer here. I'm an absolutley newby regarding repairing TVs, however I managed to solder a few PCBs for my Home Automation system, so I'm confident in being able to do the repair on my own - only I have no idea how to troubleshoot upfront...

Best,
                        Sascha

Cudos for the idea of having a new user leaving a message first before posting her own thread. I think this is very effective against spam bots.

Comment

Hi everyone. It looks like we have to write a post here first before we can start a new thread. Or am I being very stupid? It's just I can't find anywhere on any page where I write a new thread/post. I have managed to ask a question to an old thread I am interested in but no replies as yet. here is the link if anyone can help https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45888 my question is at the bottom. Many thanks in advance.

Comment

I finally joined this forum! I found it quite useful in the mid-2000's when I didn't know how bad some the caps out there were. I was then able to fix or at least diagnose a number of problems.

I'm now interested in advanced level board repair, and circuit design and fabrication. I can definitely learn a lot here and might have some knowledge and advice to offer as well. Glad to be aboard!

Comment

Re: New Members

to the teachers everything tec based

Comment

Hi.
                                This is AnjumAli new in world of electronics , very much interested in electronics troubleshooting but new in the field .... looking forward for help from senior engineers

Thanks

Comment

Hello,
                                  I just joined tonight and very excited by the site and it's educational resources.
                                  I recently retired and decided I would enjoy exploring electronics as a hobby.
                                  The level of expertise among you is astounding!
                                  No matter how far I am able to progress I know it will be greatly enhanced by all of you.
                                  Thank you for allowing me to join you.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                    Ciao a tutti,adesso sono un pensionato,ma sempre appassionato di elettronica.
                                    Fin da bambino speravo in tutto questo che per fortuna รจ arrivato.
                                    Spero di essere un vostro amico sincero e di essere altrettanto gradito
                                    da tutto il forum.Un grazie anticipato e un abbraccio a tutti voi , saluti ...
                                    uto

Comment

hellow to all members .

Comment

Hi l live in UK and l would like to learn more about electronics l have just started repairing TVs started with my own and got hooked but the trobble l have is parts is there a cross reference book do different manufacturing put different numbers on if l have put this in wrong place sorry

Comment

Castorshoot - Retired electronic tech from tobacco industry (30 years) and 3 years public school PC repair.

I have been married for 38 years with 2 sons and 3 grand kids. I love fishing and repairing just about anything I get my hands on. I joined this forum to tap into information and parts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X