This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello my name is Dustin and am a geek concerning electronics. I am from Tennessee. Thanks for letting me in.

Comment

Hi all
      I am learning as much and as fast as I can.
      By trade I'm a heating engineer

Comment

Hi guys!
        My name Zsolt, I'm from Hungary.
        I've been repairing lot of electronic devices untill now mostly phones laptops, but now I have a faulty phillips tv withi 2 fsp power supplyes what led me to this forum hope I can be a useful member of the community!

Comment

Hello everyone,
          I'm here in Sydney, Australia and I'm essentially an electronic tech trained in the UK. I was a field tech for year but these days I'm in marketing but I still love electronics as a hobby and I'll have a crack at fixing anything!
          Tonight I've found Badcaps whilst looking for information to help me fault find a DSE GE6880 55" LED TV with no picture (but I've got power). I'm fairly conversant with PSUs but the whole concept of this LED is a new challenge. Backlights...hmmm, where to start?!
          Heaps on info on this site by the look of it.
          Oh, I'm a pilot too

Comment

Hello there,
            I'm just making my first post to be able to make a question and hopefully get some help and insights from this great site.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello
                Dave here from Clear-View TV.
                Thanks for having this forum. My early experience was with R&D at Sperry Univac(now Unisys) custom Systems working with engineers on limited production modifications. This was back in the day of 8080A 2mhz processors of which I knew assembly language level programming as well as building from scratch hardware.
                After taking a 10 plus years from electronics, in 96, I took over a local TV repair shop from a wonderful man(Joe) who loved to solve problems.
                Looking forward to learning and sharing information that may be beneficial to those in this forum.
                Thanks again for being here!
                Last edited by Clear-View; 06-16-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Hi I'm here becouse i need the rep software for an kdl-40v5800 and hope, i will be successfull here.

Comment

Hi folks! Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences

Comment

Hi Folks, new member, need help replacing components!

Comment

Hi all! I'm a programmer from the Netherlands, currently living in Germany, and recently started to get into electronics thanks to the Youtube channels of Big Clive and, later on, Louis Rossman.

I signed up to download the schematics for a mid-2010 Macbook Pro 7,1 (A1278), because I have one here with a battery that's not charging. A couple of years ago, it suddenly stopped working (according to the previous owner). I'm looking whether this is a problem of the board or the battery, to see if a replacement battery could fix the problem. Cheers!

Comment

estuber here.

I do electronics, software and am a DYI repairman. Hate to throw anything away that I can fix.

Most of my work is computers, I have been doing that since PCs were invented.

I connect my wire in Oregon USA but once plugged in am global.

Currently I am trying to fix a LG 47LE5500 TV that went dark and quiet. The power supply module is OK so I think the problem is in the LVDS power supply on the main processor board.

Thanks
                          estuber
                          Ed

Comment

Hello Badcaps community,
                            I'm chicagojc. I occasionally dabble in gadget repair. A couple of days ago, the picture went out on my one year old Samsung LED tv. I'm interested to see if this has happened to any other Samsung owners.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Hello all of you.
                              My name is tdd70 and I am from Bucharest, Romania. I loocking for a electric diagram for a SEG TV - aivp0035a. I found it here. I'm sure that I will found here another interesting things.
                              Thanks for all contributors for this site.

Comment

Hey y'all. I am a freelance web developer by day and an electronics hobbyist by night. I have been hooked by that goddamn newyorker Loius Rossman and his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2...jw_ELax4Yisf6w

- and now I have a urge to do component level repair.

Thanks Loius.

Comment

Being in the electronic repair business for over 25 years would eventually land me here. It was only a matter of time. With today's LCD/LED and plasma TV's troubleshooting has gotten a little more interesting and very challenging at times. Therefore, I have found that a collective of problem solving minds involved with locating and repairing some of these issues has been very helpful. While there are times that I am very busy and cannot contribute, there will be many times that I will help when I can. Hopefully, there will be times that some of you will have an answer for me when I get stuck . Together, we make the forum what it is . "Badcaps" is a good name for a good reason. However, lately is looks as though "Badleds" might be appropriate :-)

Comment

Hello,
                                    I am Colem, I have an Associates of Applied Science in Electronics Engineering. I worked in computer repair for a couple of years. I like to Tinker with Electronic Circuits when I can. I have never been good at being active on Forums, but I have a feeling I will enjoy the time I spend on this one.

Comment

Hi there, found this forum while searching for how to identify a certain capacitor on a Mini Cooper climate control unit. Good at working on cars, not so much on electronics.

Comment

Hello all... .. .
                                        Retired (very) engineer and IT consultant. My beloved HP 3065 just discombobulated and forced me to repair the power supply on my Samsung 244T (I had the parts for a coupla years - I am retired). This worked and found this forum, and now I am emboldened... .. .

Comment

Hi all!
                                          I am a tinker freak. I am currently trying to repair my 858D hot air gun and I might found the solution in this forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X