X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello

Made this account to ask a troubleshoot question about a specific monitor.

Thx for this fantastic resource.

Comment

Hello World :-)

Greetings from Norway
      Found this site searching for advice on a SyncMaster 940Fn, seems like a good site (Y)

Comment

need help with a samsung ln46a540p2fxza

Comment

Howdy folks here is my introduction!!!!
          Current EMEC / EET Student at Columbus State, and doing lotsa Comp-Sci/programming self studies on the side. I had a Commodore 64, 386 DX 33mhz, later added cd-rom and sounblaster sound card. Mostly played Sierra Quest for Glory/ Hero's Quest series up to that point. Played lotsa Doom, Doom2, Duke Nukem 3d, and mine and my brothers Favorite, Descent/Descent 2. Then I picked up a 486 120mhz cpu/mobo 2nd hand. Then my brother got his own pentium, built buy Erols! yes the old video rental people got into building custom pc's for a little bit lol. Played lotsa Dos ethernet enabled games on the net with win 95 plus a piece of software called Kali, it was all free and it was like I dunno 10 years before xbox live lol. anyways.

I am a long time forum junky. Previously...
          KLOV.com
          (Killer list of video games/ arcade museum forums) Pinball / arcade nut. So def some basic electronics experience there, Can read a schematic etc.

mr2oc.com
          Toyota MR2 owners Club

Honda-Tech.com

and one of the originals,
          G2IC.com
          Generation 2 Integra Club .com (89-93)
          I think that goes back to when I was about 20 years old

Fixed my 42" Vizeo plasma.

Now I got a free Samsung plasma I'de like to troubleshoot!

Yay me. :p

Toby

Comment

Broviken here.

I've been working with electronics on the side "since Shep was a puppy". My day jobs have been in Electronic manufacturing and Heavy Forging and tank building.

A bit more free time now and I am trying to work off some of those projects I was going to do "when I get a round tuit" like fixing 3 Samsung Multisync 204B monitors that I loved but which failed very prematurely and I couldn't abide getting rid of them so they are under the bench.

Looking forward to getting help and helping others where I can.

Comment

Just joined. Hate to type. I'm a PC tech so know a little electrical. Have a Samsung with recurring vertical lines as I spin the swivel base. Will be looking for help on this.

Thanks to all, Buck585

Comment

hey everyone! I've been working on micro electronics for years in the software tfield, occasionally flipping over to hardware and have now 4-5 tvs, none with broken screens/ and my searches for service and troubleshooting help have led me here a couple times already, and seems like a very friendly and helpful community! ill be posting pictures and part numbers of my first project soon.

Comment

Hi, everyone

Greetings from Ukraine
                  trying to find replacements for blown caps from my 8800gt

Comment

hi im diosdado FLores im looking forward to learn more about laptop thanks

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am Frank, French and actually living in southern Thailand, on a small island called Koh Samui. I have no shiny diploma to present, I am not an engineer, I never studied electronics or computer engineering I am just a passionate computer (Apple, OSX) user. I am also into iOS and Android.
                      I fix those little machines and am sometimes stuck trying. I am here to learn so If I ever talk to you guys, I'll probably be asking for advice so thank you for your patience and most appreciated help :-)

Comment

Hello , my name is Richard and new member . I live in Lakeland Florida and have no knowledge of TV repairs so please be patient with me . Thanks .

Comment

Good afternoon sirs.

I am Vikas Gupta from city Patran district Patiala (Punjab).

I have completed my B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Baba Hira singh Bhattal Institute of Engineering. And technology Lehragaga affiliated by Punjab Technical University Jalandhar and also affiliated by Punjab government with 71.37%.

And completed my 3 years Engineering diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Government Polytech Khunimajra (Mohali) affiliated by Punjab state board of technical education and industrial training.

I also completed my 6 months summer industrial training in automation from industrial automation training center Panchkula where I studied about different version of HMI, Scada, drives, etc.

Recently I completed my major project named micro controller based watering plant system. During my industrial training I also worked on a projected based on HMI named water purification system.

Coming to my family in my family we are four siblings, two brothers and two sisters. All are married except me. My father has expired and my mother is a housewife. My brother doing a job in Jindal Steel and Power Ltd.

My hobbies are playing chess, sketching, photography and surfing on internet.

My strength's are I am hardworking, punctuate, self motivated, quick learner and positive thinker person.

My weakness is I trust anyone very easily even I met them first time and weak in my English.

My short term goal is to get a job in well reputed organization like yours and my long term goal is to get a good position in a well reputed organization.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi, ppl!
                            Greetings from Italy.
                            As a computational chemist, I have to care and mantain myself the machine I use, so I would need a little bit of help of yours!
                            Thank you in advance

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm 17 and have always loved everything about electronics. Especially hardware, unfortunately I'm just now starting to have the option to truly get into it though. I'm working on starting a business fixing tvs and such even though it's a dying trade around where I live. I'm a moderate gamer I guess you could say. I love dungeon defenders, if anyone here plays find me on steam (same username). I'd say more but I'm not very good at introductions.

Comment

Hi,

My name is Tom

Comment

I have a pioneer 6020 fd the stand by light blinks 5 times then a pause and keeps repeating 5 time over and over. Tv won't turn on at all. Anyone know what this error code is?

Comment

New to the forum

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                    I'm new to the forum and will be looking to fix a Vizio with a power problem...oh boy!

Comment

Hello all,
                                      I am from NW Wisconsin. Just getting into modding and repairing computers.
                                      I have only so far replaced a graphics card but interested in building a strong home computer. Also working on repairing a tv that broke.

Comment

Hello, looking for some assistance on a JVC led tv

Comment

greetings from Africa
                                          I am an aged man dabbling in home repairs to keep busy and save my sanity. Current project is repair of Samsung P2350.

Comment

Working...
                                          X