X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Originally posted by gino View Post
    hi looking to repair my lg47lg50 had a power surge and found a burnt mark on the power board i think lol any help would be appreciated thank you

Comment

Hello all:

Name: Ed

Education: Bachelors and Masters in Engineering

27 years and counting with a Major company

30+ years of Entertainment Electronics repair - dating back to Vacuum Tube televisions.........

Fixed equipment for many years for profit.......but never really my main profession. Mostly do it as a courtesy now to my long time customers and too keep stuff out of land fills. Much of what I do is either for minimal payment and much is donated.

Still enjoy repairing items but the requirement just isn't the same any more. Most folks just want a new item.

Hoping I can get some occasional help and can possibly help others.

THX

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by m3amigos View Post
        Hello, I'm an electrical engineer and I found the site while troubleshooting my Samsung plasma tv. I'll post a detailed question in the TV forum.
        Hey, have you made that post yet? I came here originally because of a TC-P58S2 that has been a headache.

Comment

Hello All

Mike from Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia - home of Crocodile Dundee

Looking for assistance with a recently deceased Panasonic Plasma TV and i see others have been frustrated by this beast in the past.

Loads of Mining experience but relatively new to the mysterious world of electronics and capacitors although I have replaced the clothes dryer cap 2x now after the kids keep overloading the machine.

Looking forward to learning a bit and not forking out mega $$ why the solution is at hand.

Comment

Hello , My name is Eric from Sacramento CA. I found this forum due to my LG plasma screen
            going out or most likely a board from what I've been reading. I would like to post on here for some help on seeing if I can bring it back to life. The model is a 60PZ550 and I've seen other post for this model so I figure it may have board problems. Also, I noticed someone posted these don't dissipate heat well. Thx

Comment

Hello
              I am an electronics hobbyist and hoping to pass on some tricks as well as learn from the experts here

Comment

Hello. I'm a robot with non functioning arms. My Viewsonic VA2431wm isn't doing that hot either...

Comment

Greetings. I'm a refugee from another forum where all the illiterate members blame their typos on their phones' auto-correct.

Comment

Hi

New member, programmer by trade but hoping to build an arcade machine and so have embarked on trying to resurrect various old(ish) tv's.
                    I know some basic electronics, but I never got into it the same as computing so hoping to get some advice.

I hail from the colder part of Australia (Melbourne) where we're famous for.... well rain mostly.

Michael

Comment

I am a computer technician with 15 years experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems on Windows base computers and laptops. I have also started dabbling with phone repairs. With Laptops and smart phones becoming the major market I need to start doing component level repairs which is what led me to this site.

Comment

Hello there.

my name is E.zog

And i want to teach myself hot to repair televsions.
                        and i would love to learn how to use my old tektronix oscilloscope.

Comment

I'm an EE looking to repair his ln52a650 TV

Comment

hello every one,

I am a new comer here. I have 740N sansung monitor which is getting on but goes black in 5 secs. Can see the pic when twisted to a side in very dim light. What could be the problem? I checked the inverter out put and all ok

Comment

Hallo all
                              great forum, good info.
                              small IT company here, working from about 20 years.
                              Planning to ask for professional repair service from badcaps.net.

Best,

Vince

Comment

Hello!

New to the forum, Struggling with a LG Plasma 42PJ550 TV that is cycling ON and OFF.

Comment

My name is Warren. I live in Central Virginia. I have been repairing electronics for app. 40 years. Have retired now, but want to see whats going on now. Thanks

Comment

First thing, guiltily confess to simply wanting help with my tv. I was impressed with the technical help available so here I am, will start a new thread shortly.

Names Denis, from Yorkshire, U.K.

Comment

hi Im mpz_29, and Im a student and newbie computer technician, I want to learn more about in computer troubleshooting and repair.

I hope this forum will help me.

have a good day
                                      mpz

Comment

Hi my name is Rene, been in the business since 1981 as a service tech
                                        and also since 1999 a electronics store owner and self servicing dealer,
                                        in a month going back to being strictly a service tech for new company.
                                        Then hopefully retirement in a few years.
                                        Cheers

Comment

Hi,

Mostly just browsing around for information on motherboard capacitors. When they say things like "Dark Caps" with MSI or "10K Black" with Asus it hardly seems like useful info I can search for and find out more. So here I am.

Comment

Working...
                                          X