This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks. Must say, before joining, I would never have been able to repair the Samsung TV at work. Fitting the new caps was basic stuff, but having to reset EPROM 1803 by shorting pins 5 & 6 during power up - who new!

Cheers to all on that little beauty.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi My Name is John I'm Retired Now But I Worked On Plcs and various computer systems. For US Steel as a systems Repairman. I Use to repair monitors and video game boards back in the 80's . The main reason I joined the forum is because my Samsung monitor just crapped out and won't power up. I am reading the forum to see if I can pick up some hints as to where to begin repairing it. I'm really glad there are forums like this to help and I just love to browse the various topics on the forums. I happy to join your group and hope I can provide some help as well as receive it. Thanks John

Comment

Hey, thanks for letting me join. I recently became the "proud" owner of a powerless TC-P50X5 and I am looking into what I might do to diagnose and repair this beast. Luckily even with the increased integration of parts power part remain at least visible.

I am trying to determine if I need to replace the PSS board.

Comment

Hi all,

I am a professional with electronics background.
            For the first time I have introduced a part TPS51120 in my design.
            Unfortunately It filed to work properly.
            In order to get help t rectify the problem, I searched internet and found this site/forum.
            I hope I will be able to overcome my problem with your help.

Regards,

Comment

Hello been working on a Vizio E550VL and am looking for some help. From the threads I have read this seems to be the right place. I am just doing this for my enjoyment.

Comment

HI

I found this site by searching for troubleshooting a LCD TV.
                Great site.

I have some basic electronic bench chops for troubleshooting and have built many tube audio kits and a few guitar amps.

thanks
                fvf

Comment

Hello. I'm brokenlink2009, i've been in computers for over 20 years, and lightly to electronics a little less than 7/8 years. I mostly like to repair/play around with hardware, specially laptop motherboards, but when needed i look at other things as well. Hope to be helpfull to anyone... thx

Comment

Hi all,

Just another FNG trying to post a question.

Comment

Hi,

I´m a brand new member and my reason for registering is my interest in computer and monitor repair. I´ve seen more than my fair share of bulging caps and right now I´m trying to troubleshoot my sons HP 2510i (LG LM250wf1 panel inside) monitor that made a sizzling sound yesterday and died, no standby light or anything. A few month back it also kicked the bucket and died but I was able to fix that by replacing a defect CCFL. At that time the standby light was working and the screen lit vaguely up for 2-3 seconds before shutting down.
                      This time however it seems like the Power supply has problems with the standby voltage. It alternates between approx 1,5v and 0,5 volts every second or so. I tried to disconnect the CCFLs and/or the controller board to no avail. Hence if someone has experienced anything like this I would greatly appreciate your input.
                      And PSU schematics would also be great. I´m not fully understanding how the standby feedback circuit operates.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello, I found this forum while I was searching for information for a faulty LG Plasma TV

Comment

Vizio first lost volume control then later had to shut down manually by unplugging. Model VL470M. Help

Comment

Re: New Members hi from Michigan

Hello

Comment

Robert A

Vizio model VL470M. First lost volume control, next day turn off would not work unplugged and nothing happens when again plugged into power

Comment

Hola, I have used this site a lot and hope to be able to contribute as much as it has helped me.

Comment

Hello my name is Michael im new to this site but it seems very helpful.I love electronics and trying to figure out how to fix them specially tv sets.I really look forward to getting more knowledge and sharing ideas with all of you guys.

Comment

Hello. Jason here, Sr Network Engineer. Job includes design of advanced networks (ISP's, Municipalities, etc) Also master at computer hardware, and now trying to learn something about LED TV's (Got a busted one). Hoping you guys can help

Comment

greetings,,,

hi,

came across this site while researching an issue with a plasma tv. very impressed with the help & knowledge of the community at badcaps.net.

Comment

Just a guy with enough knowledge to make myself dangerous. Have been restoring vintage audio some over the past few year and now trying to educate myself on the world of plasma TV repair.

Comment

Here for some help with my LG led tv

Comment

Working...
                                          X