X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone

My name is Everett. I built my first computer before i even realized that it was something i'd enjoy doing. I think i just didn't want to pay for one with a bunch of stuff on it that i didn't want. I have had some schooling to learn proper skills. Some things to me are still new and after reading threads in Badcaps.net I know i can learn from some of the better and more experienced hardware minds out here. Thanks in advance and looking to learn.

Comment

absolutely great forum, glad to be apart of it.

Comment

Hello from Oregon! Looking to repair my Vizio VO42L FHDTV10A and learn more about electronic repair in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Everett Mukes View Post
          absolutely great forum, glad to be apart of it.
          How on earth did you manage to post an 'intro!'

Comment

Hi all i'm new here, i live in Minnesota i saw a few of you mentioning commodores, my first computer was a commodore VIC20 (yes with the tape drive) and after that a commodore 64 with a 1541 floppy drive, so it was LOAD"*",8,1 and then make a sandwich, walk the dog etc and it might be done loading when you come back, of course this was blow your hair back fast compared to loading from tape LOL. I spend my time these days repairing and playing with modern computers/laptops

Comment

Hello from the netherlands!
              Signed up a while ago but did'nt do a introduction yet.
              I did mainly sign up to gain more knowledge about switchmode powersupplies and the common problems with these.

Comment

Good Day,
                Just signed on so I thought I would post an intro. I retired from my real job in 2000. I just like to dink around with computers to keep this old noggin' in the best working condition I can. I live just north of Seattle, WA and besides building networks I get the biggest kick playing with the Grandkids. Now, they will really keep ya sharp.

Comment

Hi, glad to be here. Computers repair is my passion and work from over 10 years

Comment

Hi I am Pathaleon.

I am a 17 year old Student studying various A levels including Electronics.

I am based in the UK and am Glad to now be a part of the badcaps forum, I am seeking assistance with repairing my monitor.

Comment

Hi I'm AWTVs! Don't have much of a clue about electronics but know I'm in the right spot to learn all I want. I look forward to learning how to repair TVs just because I can... hopefully!

Comment

Hi,
                        Just starting to repair devices for friends as a hobby and hope to benefit and share with the members.

Comment

Hi There

My name is Brandon and im 22 years old. I currently finished my studies in Electronics Engineering (B. Eng. Hons) and I intend to start a small business repairing PCs, Laptops and other electronics such as TV's.

I had been repairing Laptops and PC (software and hardware) for about 2 years now but unfortunately didn't have the opportunity and the time to perform component level repair.
                          My main target is to start practicing and learning to perform these type of repairs.

I have some tools required for the job like magnifying lamp, soldering Iron, heat gun, laser thermometer, etc.. although I am willing to invest further more in other components that are important.

I have some experience in electronics but never worked on SMD devices and neither on complicated PCB's as computer motherboards. It would be really helpful to drop a link to a good starting place to start reading about component level repairs.

For those interested in Electronics/Physics projects.. this is something I invented :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp4DYfSBCE4

thanks a lot,

Brandon

Comment

My name is GERIATRICDAI - for no other reason than it is true!

It was so nice finding a Forum crammed full with helpful folk and not be conned into parting with money.

My origin did involve 'cats whiskers', 90v HT batteries, Accumulators, enourmously long aerials, thumping solid earth terminals - I was 10 years old then. 'Fast Forward' six years and you may observe a young RAF Apprentice. Looking back, I can honestly say I enjoyed every day of my varied working life, and, never dreaded the thought of going to work. Far too much ground to mention right now - sufficient to say, I do know how to solder and minimise damage to fragile PCB's - there is one proviso ( more than one - actually) eyesight limitations, arthrrytic joints, and lack of patience when the physical limitations start to overwhelm.

Nosta.

Comment

Hey, Thanks for letting me join to forums, I am new at this got some lcd tv problem want to learn about what i can do to fix it, if I can. Hello for now, hope to find information on where and how to start searching for a problem. thanks again, hope to chat soon.

Comment

Greatings. I have recently setup an electronics lab and have been playing with testing caps using an old Tek 465b oscilloscope and HP 3325A function generator.

This seems like a great resource forum.

Max

Comment

Al Harper here. Been in electronics for almost 50 years. Cut my teeth in the USAF working on high end single sideband transmitters and receivers. After that went to work for GE in commercial communications. Mainly FM equipment.
                                  Also do a lot of software developments. I've been know to program down to the metal as some say.
                                  Acquired some fairly nice test equipment over the years and love working on PA systems, guitar amps and will even dive into a TV once in awhile.

Comment

Hey guys new guy here needing help with repairing a panisonic plasma with the 14 blinks of death

Comment

Hi there! I'm 25 years old, I live in Northern Germany and look forward to learn some new and interesting things here about such systems as TVs and PC Motherboards.

Comment

Hello Technicans,
                                        i came to this board due to a very hard problem on my fathers PlasmaTV
                                        Panasonic TX-P55VT30E.
                                        We repaired already Powersupply and SC-Board was replaced due to short circuit. Now we have a third failure after 2min running Plasma with
                                        strange colors but ok.... so maybe additional SS and SS2 boards are dead probably.....

I'm also a member of very good Hungarian site ElektroTanya:
                                        http://elektrotanya.com/
                                        There you can get most manuals for free, but you have to prove your skills in electrical repair before you can become a member there (prove with some questions and calculations on electrical problems...)

Hope all of you have sucess with your repairing work!
                                        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbeim View Post
                                          There you can get most manuals for free, but you have to prove your skills in electrical repair before you can become a member there (prove with some questions and calculations on electrical problems...)
                                          Prove you can interpret their badly-written questions with ambiguous answers where some are right but others are 'more right' you mean?
                                          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                          -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                                          X