This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, found this forum through a link in CR4. Been repairing my sound equipment for a few years and this site looks very interesting. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Hi. I'm a sparkie by trade but electronics is my first love. I do a lot of technical repairs on just about anything "try" to repair just about everything including a 10 ton tipper Perkins engine once, mmm not particularly fond of that horrible very black diesel oil, actually I was glad to recently get rid of my Daihatsu diesel Charade. Anyhow I'll put more of me on profile once I get access. Bye

Comment

New to this site. I am an electronics technician with about 30+ years experience currently working in the audio/music industry.

Comment

Hi everyone, please forgive my english as my native language is french
          i am living in West Africa where the internet brought us out of the stone age.
          I am joining badcaps to learn and sharpen my electronics skills

Comment

EET degree but have been out of it for about 7 yrs after I spent 17 yrs in R&D at RCA.
            trying to fix SANYO 55 IN THAT shuts off when I turn it on. Any suggestions??

Comment

hi! my name is scott and im an electronic technician.
              I got my C&G in 1987 and an HND Electronics in 1996.
              I fault find to component level and am always looking for technical info and advice on various equipment.
              well thats me.. short and sweet. lol

Comment

Hi folks

Comment

My name is William and I am an Aerospace Engineer. I like to fix things myself so I am here to see if I can get some help with my LCD TV. Great Forum!

Comment

My name is Paul and I work in the broadcast TV business and try to learn some electronics repair alon the way.

Comment

Hi guys, been into computers and electronics for the past 15yrs, from building to repairing, love everything hardware and getting the most out of it. Killed many a Processor pushing it to its limits. Into extreme hardware mods, current workhorse is a dual opteron 285 on a Tyan k8we and 16Gb ecc ram built 10yrs ago and still going strong, along with around 5 laptops from a dell xps m1330 with a reballed gpu to a hp 6910p with removed white lists slic mods. I love recycling bad hardware and giving it a new purpose. Current project is a multiple vm router running ddrwt / free nas / xbmc on an iei hm551 with an intel core i5 and 8gb ram. This is why I'm here at badcaps to help the community and meet like minded enthusiasts.

Comment

my Samsung plasma PN50A550 is having the similar flickering on and off with screeching and fuzzy screen for about 10-15 minutes until a clear picture final emerges and all is well. I inspected the power board and all the capacitors look normal. Any idea of what to do. I've read about reflowing main board? or changing fuses. any ideas would help

Comment

hi to all my name is kale please forgivme for my bad english

Comment

Posting an intro on a tablet, so I'll keep it brief.

My name is Derek and I'm from NJ. I love computer programming and fixing computers.

I am here to further my knowledge of computer/electronics repair. I see scrapping perfectly good components as extremely wasteful if they can be repaired and used, so I am here to learn everything I can and hopefully be of assistance to others as well!

-Derek

Comment

Hello, my name is Huw and although I'm not an electrical engineer, I've come here to learn how to diagnose and repair my broken monitors.

Comment

Hello all

New to the site. Very chuffed to have found it. Have a couple of LCD monitors that need fixing and could use some help.

Some complete inexperience here as I am actually a hotrod builder by trade but getting more and more into electronics with engine managment systems has gotten me very interested.

I am someone who wants to fix everything so electronics are the next obvious step for me

I also have a sony amplifier that kicks out from time to time come to think of it!

Will start topics asap when I'm aloud to post. Already have a youtube vid ready to show the symptoms of my beloved Dell 24" and it's woes.

Look forward to learning, being helped and when I can, helping!

cheers

Comment

Hello,

Just introducing myself on the forum. Which I believe is one of the motions everyone has to go through when joining.

Good Day !

Comment

Hi All,

I'm new but I have to post before I can post about my bad caps.. so hi to everyone and Ill make a new thread about my Kiss DP-1500 DVD player which definitely had some bad caps.

Great site BTW.

Thanks,
                                    Sam

Comment

Hello,

My name is Dave I'm 39 and have been doing small electronics repair for longer than I care to remember at this point

I'm a long time lurker around the forums and decided to join. Badcaps.net is the best collection of community contributed repair information I've found thus far.

Comment

Hello

Hi to all,
                                        I would like to take the time to just say that I'm very happy to find such a excellent forum. My first computer was a new "Dragon 32" that's going back some years. Oh the memories!. I've been fiddling with electronics and computers even since that first computer.

Dendo52

Comment

Hey everybody. Just a little introduction. I am a constant tinkerer, fabricator and maker. I have built props and special effect for T.V. shows, movies, circuses, live shows and subcultures in general. I have taken a couple classes in basic electronics a while ago and have been self taught the rest of my life. I am always looking for new challenges and am hoping to get into programming. My first computer was commodore 64 and did some programming out of a magazine to get games going but that was just large lists of numbers. I also took a class in basic programming in college and loved it but got caught up in other thing to pursue it then. Anyway your forum has already been a great help and I hope is active and fun for a long time to come. I am always willing to do whatever I can to help so please feel free to contact me for anything and i will try and help as best I can. I wont waste any more of your time but I would like to say, thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X