This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Thank you for the "welcome" Glad to be here. I look forward to interacting with Y'all. I'm Paul, 51, married 24 yrs w/ 3 kids in college. I use to be an electronic technician for Sony Business Products many yrs ago. I have a Sceprtre LCD TV with power, and audio but no video, that brought me here.

Happy Holidays!

Paul

Comment

Greetings from Germany!

Hi, my name is Frank and I found this forum a few days ago while searching for repair information for a Dell LCD. I fixed a couple of LCDs before, but now I really could use an advice.

Comment

Howdy dooooooooo. Hope can find advice for myself on this website! Please help me lol
        Last edited by ACsellers; 12-07-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Howdy, I'm Todd. I'm as green as the grass when it comes to electronics and posting too (for that matter). I came across your website when I was looking for help troubleshooting my Samsung LN S3251D and it looked like the place I needed to be.

I recapped my PB and it fires-up now, but within a minute it fried RM801. I replaced it, but I am at loss as to what to do check now.

Thanks for allowing me to be on your forum and for any and all help.

P.S. I could not join the forum on Bing, I had to go to GOOGLE.

Comment

Hello, My name is Dominick. I have been a consumer electronics servicer for more than 30 years. I come from the good old days of component level repair. I worked for Crazy Eddie, and PC Richards in NY, and Circuit City and Tandy Consumer Services in PA. I started Trinity Electronics in 92 as a part time venture. I went full time in to the business in 2004 when Tandy cut commissions to techs very deeply. I have had to diversify to survive in recent years. We once had 4 techs and 3 vehicles on the road every day. Now the business has taken on a part time scenario once again. The majority of my time is taken up by working on helping business's enter the modern world. I still take every opportunity to repair units to component level. I remember the days of replacing outputs, drivers, bias components, resisters, and diodes by the hand full in stereo components and still providing a reliable high quality repair that was still economical. I am also, and have been a musician for 30 years(Guitar,Mandolin,Mandola,Piano,Clarinet,and Saxophon). I hope to be able to contribute to the community here. I am also willing to help others wherever I can. I thank badcaps.net for this new adventure in my life.
            Dominick Guerriero(Trinity Electronics/Knightstar Music)

Comment

hi I am peter from LA

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello !

I'm a new registered member from Sweden. Found this forum when searching for hints about broken power supply on Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO.
                  I'm an old guy of 62 years who have burnt my fingers with the solder iron digging in music equipment sins I was 13.
                  I'm glad and proud to be a member of a group few weird people in al ages trying to fix problems instead of buying new stuff.
                  /john

Comment

Hello

Comment

Greetings all! I'm Jeff, an AV Installation Tech looking to broaden my horizons by dabbling in TV repair. After a few successful minor repairs, I'm hooked! Looking forward to interacting with the broad skill set here.

Comment

Cheers from Portrugal.

I'm Kado and i've registered so I can get help with my Samsung LE40B750 LCD issues.

I'm an electrician btw!

Comment

Greetings from Finland!

This site came to my attention when I was looking for information about recapping my audio gear. First project being CD player I want to improve (still works, maybe not after I'm done

Newbie, but ready to learn by doing myself. Please be patient....

BR,
                          Paul

Comment

Hi,
                            I am retired mechanical engineer living in Connecticut, USA. Over the years I have also tinkered with electronics but am no expert. Now I have a sick Dell monitor which I am trying to revive. Hope to get some hand holding in this group.
                            Thank you and best regards,
                            Nathan

Comment

Hi Group.

I'm Steve, from Palmer Lake CO.
                              I am an electrical engineer, and semi-retired from a long stint as the manager of the Engineering Department's research laboratories at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs campus. Primary fields of interest are/were microelectronics and electromagnetics.
                              These days I'm a full-time stable boy, and do a little consulting to keep hay in the feeder for my large pets.

Comment

Hello from the Netherlands.
                                Introducing myself,Hamradio call PA3EIP.
                                Working with computers since 80's
                                DOS - WIN - OSX
                                Repair several but all info is welcome when I am trying to repair.
                                Seen this is a site with lots off repair tips.

Gerrit.
                                Knowledge must be shared !

Comment

Hello all, I am from Holland, maintenance technician in the high voltage area, 10KV and up, bridge technician before high voltage. Have PC's as hobby's but not that femiliar with elektronics, know how to solder etc, hope u guys can help and might have a little input myself.

Comment

Howdy from Houston. Looking to get info on fixing a Vizio TV. Had a little problem signing up here, seems that the forum uses http://www.stopforumspam.com/ and it complained that I couldn't sign up. Neither my IP or email are in their database so the name I tried to use (Chase) must be the problem. How does anybody sign up here with a username that is somewhat common but not yet taken? Is forcing uncommon usernames really a good means to stop spam?

Comment

Hello,
                                      I'm an old bird my first programming class same time Commodore came out, which seemed pretty lame compared to the programs I was using - so passed them by until first PC's arrived. Worked in drafting and design - aerospace ind. for about 20 y then Slot Machine Repair another 10 and now nothing for yrs so making bricks and working on any thing I can get my hands on. Was given broken Acer AL1916w - guess needs power supply caps replaced. Have a limited background in electronics/electrical mostly design some hands on. Looking for any assistance offered - finances very limited. I live out in the woods in the middle of nowhere. In a 200 yr old school house. Still has a blackboard. Heat with wood. Trying to convert away from the grid and working up a filtering system to collect useable rain water. I have acres here so hunting, trapping, fishing and gardening is ok I used to be a long distance bicyclists - trying to get back into shape too.

Comment

Ello! new to this whole world got a few free tvs trying to get them up and running

Comment

Hey guys, my name is Ryan, I am a student at WSU in Washington. I like fixing and tinkering electronics on free time, so far i have just been replacing larger components and a few capacitors here and there. My soldering skills are somewhat limited but i am learning. I joined to try and expand my skills and knowledge in this field. Thank you for this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X