This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Perth in West Australia.

Bit of a newbie here, I have a background in electronics but have been working in power systems for years. Now I am looking to do more in electronics as it is what I like best. At the moment I am repairing motherboards just for enjoyment. Current projects include an Aorus Z490 Elite AC, an MSI B550 Tomahawk on it's way to me with unknown faults, an ISA-386U3PQ (80386 machine) and a few others. I am finding the more you do the easier it gets.

It is great to see forums where people can talk about issues and perhaps offer some knowledge. Getting info on boards can be difficult but there is a lot of common methods of board operation, VRM design and the like which means it is possible to diagnose faults even without schematics. I also find when a project gets too hard it can be worth putting it aside and coming back to it. Sometimes letting the problem sit in the subconscious can bring forth an alternative ideas to try.

Thanks to everyone who participates.

Comment

em thành viên mới đã lập gia đình làm nghề sửa chữa laptop nên rất cần mọi người giúp đỡ hi vọng diễn đàn sẽ giúp ích nhiều

Comment

Hello!

I'm Sandra, a 27-year-old psychologist living in Spain. While my professional focus is on helping others through psychology, I have a vibrant passion for electronics and various DIY projects. In my free time, I love tinkering with gadgets, engaging in 3D printing, and exploring the art of woodworking. My hobbies not only fuel my creativity but also provide a wonderful balance to my professional life.

I hope to learn a lot in this forum 😉

Comment

Been in this field for a long time is something that is worth saying.
          Well, I'l follow the leader lol. I'm a student of the master. I had some computer experience back in '86. It was all DOS. Not to long ago, I thought it was something just to do minor things like reformat and replacing drives. I'm learning hardware mainly. Though I am dabbling in site building. Personal about me, I'm a nurse. Doing some serious research on becoming a PRN/midwife. Yes some would say it's foolish to go back to school now, but with "someones" support I will be in the top of my class. I hope to minor in some type of technology

Comment

Hi Guys, I love fixing things. but I need help with some projects, so I figured I'd join here.

Comment

Hi guys ! I have asus rog strix scar2 ! the battery drains when computer is turned off! Can you help me please?

Comment

Hello I am an Electronics Engineering Student currently doing degree.I like programming most on embedded systems.As a hobbyist I also like fault finding and that's why I am here because I have a problem which I like to solve.Thank you very much

Comment

Hi, my name's Etienne, I've been assembling and repairing computers for me and my close ones for years, I've even been an IT technician in France for a pretty big shipping company, and recently I've encountered the hard world of laptop repairs, and I came here to keep in touch with news and find all the knowledge to be efficient and help others with.

Comment

Hello, I'm Arif from Indonesia

I'm new member in this forum

I was Born 17 June 1979, Now become Father with two children.

Thank You

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello!

Just noticed this original “introduction” forum. I find it nice to know other members better, so let's introduce myself too. But first I want to mention my old computer junk hanging out somewhere in the house. My first computer was a Philips P2000. This was a robust reliable machine and my exemplar was a limited edition with 512 Kb memory (64 was standard). I tried some assembler programming and that was YUK! I agree 100% with Topcat if it is about machine code or 3GL programming languages. My second computer was a Philips MSX-II. Played with Turbo Pascal, Basic, but still YUK… Switched from XT to Pentium 60 MHz, PIII 500 MHz and my actual computer a HP Pavilion t370. This computer is the only one so far that broke down (4 months), so I ended up here!
                        Programming was YUK, I found computers boring, so I got a Masters Degree in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, but no (paid) work available in Europe. I work nowadays as Oracle Software Engineer and that is NOT YUK! I enjoy my work as long I have regularly contact with customers and 4GL Case Tools are much nicer than 3GL tools. So, I know a lot about databases, learned a lot about viruses and have quite much knowledge about Sun Solaris and Windows.
                        I enjoy driving (2,5 hours/day), hanging out with friends, searching and consuming good wines and travelling. I'm 34 years old, living in the South of Holland, as far ‘South' bears any meaning in this small country, and I'm married with a Romanian. I hope too that this forum will be a success and I'll try to contribute.

Greeting,

Comment

Olá meu nome é o Iran sou de São Paulo Guarulhos estou entrando agora aqui nesse fórum nunca participei de fórum nenhum com relação a reparo de notebook nem nada eu estou com problema no notebook da minha filha que é positivo de escola aqueles bem simplesinho e eu tô procurando o esquema eletrônico da placa mãe muito obrigado tudo de bom

Comment

Hello everyone! I have a laptop that needs to have the bios chip itself reflashed via a a reprogramming tool. I'm hoping to learn how I can go about doing that here.

Comment

Hello! I'm a hobbyist repairer. Trying to repair my macbook pro. Saw Louis Rossman videos, found about Schematics, it looked cool. Searched for those files and I landed here.

Comment

Hello! I'm a computer engineering student from Utah in the US. I have a chronic learning addiction, and have what most would consider to be "too many" hobbies. I enjoy electronics, chemistry, programming and engineering among other things.
                                My latest time waster is an attempt to synthesize some compound semiconductors (Indium Antimonide mostly) and create my own detectors. As you can imagine, this has resulted in a garage and office that are a few steps away from becoming
                                an EPA superfund cleanup site.

Anyway, I joined the forums to hopefully repair some of the dead gizmos I have lying around. An XPS 9710 and XPS 9560 are the current projects . I'm hoping to learn how to diagnose and repair more complex issues with both my own
                                devices, and those of a few friends.

Comment

My name is Daniel owner of ClovisX Game System, PC & laptop repairs+ built my first computer before the internet and in the military was a component-level electronics repairman and supervisor in charge of training individuals coming out of school to do real-world work I started my shop back in 2009 after a local shop murdered my kids game system and then stoled parts out of it. Came here looking for board Views and schematics.

Comment

hi im alexander a.k.a vougheart and im from philippines 14 years as a technician 9years as a cellphone repair and 4 years as laptop repair as of now id love to be here at badcaps where i can explore new things and experience

Comment

Hi... I'm fiawan from Indonesia as a technician from 2009 until now. I start cellphone & pc repair with limited tools and knowledge. Came here looking for boardview & schematics laptop. Thank's for being allowed to join this forum.

Comment

hello im new member here in this furom and im interesting to learn hardware and software thank you..

Comment

Good day everyone

I'm Chri-sean and would love to learn more about electronics and bios dumps.

Sooooo...
                                          I have a Lenovo Ideapad T14 that was at another repair shop, they did not know about the RAM learning process and now the laptop doesnt boot or display, can i maybe port the BIOS dump for fix?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                          X