This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

This is such a great forum-- thanks to all the people commenting here and sharing their knowledge. I came here last week to get help figuring out what was wrong with a free 70" sharp TV that I had come into possession of. There was a thread that precisely told me how to diagnose and fix the problem. It involved cutting the ribbon cables that were permanently bonded to one side of the screen (!). Worked like a charm. I'm currently trying to diagnose a Lenovo mobo.

Comment

hello my name is dustin im here for some help with dell laptops and removing bios passwords

Comment

Je suis maintenancier et r

Comment

JC Ashe

Comment

HOUNCHONOU FH2Y4X

Comment

HOUNCHONOU

Comment

Hello everyone!!

Comment

Hello. My name is Ivan. Now I work and live in France. Repairing equipment is my hobby. In my free time, I don't mind improving my knowledge, that's why I'm here. Glad to be among the professionals.

Comment

hello my name is Nico! Im here for some help with HP and other laptops!

Comment

Hi guys I'm Sebastián from Ecuador. I have my own business
                      I'm an electronic engineer, I enjoy resurrecting computers.

Comment

My name is Fabio Thomaz, I am a Software Engineer graduated from the State University of Mato Grosso, Brazil, and I am also an Electronics Technician specializing in video game repair.

With a solid background in Software Engineering, we acquire essential technical skills to develop innovative and efficient software solutions. During my degree, I was able to delve into different areas of computing, from algorithms and data structures to web and mobile development. Additionally, I participated in requested projects that allowed me to improve my problem-solving and teamwork skills.

As an electronics technician with a focus on video game repair, I have a passion for understanding the inner workings of devices and solving complex problems. With years of experience in this field, I have developed a keen eye for identifying faults and applying precise solutions, ensuring that devices are back up and running at full performance.

My professional journey has led me to explore the best of both worlds: the technical rigor of software engineering and the skillful practice of electronics. I am always looking for new challenges and opportunities to expand my knowledge and contribute significantly to innovative projects.

I'm excited to join this community and share knowledge, learn from colleagues, and collaborate on exciting projects. You are welcome to contact me to discuss any topic related to software engineering, electronics or video games.

I look forward to being part of this community and contributing in any way I can!

Yours sincerely,

Fabio Thomaz Software Engineer and Electronics Technician

Comment

Howdy y'all. I am SouthernComfort and interested in phone, laptop, and console repair.

Comment

Hi guys, just decided to join your lovely forums. I found this place when I was searching for decryption of bios password ami for asus notebook .
                            Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics.
                            Thank you

Comment

GeleMarket Egypt

Comment

Feliks from Croatia, Bacc EE and making PCBs. Looking to fix modern faulty laptops! I can read schematics yay!

Comment

Hi, I am Dan. I work in aerospace by day where I break things for a living (materials characterization). By night, I have a business with my wife in which she is a business coach. Somewhere along the way after video and audio editing for her I started to get work through her clients and we are growing a bit. Enough about that. I am a tinkerer and although I break stuff in my day job, I like to see what I can fix. I just got a Sony mirrorless camera to fix and it's almost done. I ordered a new shutter (a common problem). I also just picked up an rtx 3090 for $300 that isnt getting voltages to the pex, therefore core and ram also. I'm trying to trace that out past the and-gate chip. The new owner took really good care of it. Disappointing that it failed for him. I'm giving that a wack and see how it turns out.

The system I built for video editing is an Asus proart z690 wifi with an I9 12900k, Aio cooler, 1000wattpsu, 64gb 6000mt ram. Currently, I have an RTX3060(for Ai stuff like whisper) and an Intel ARC770(for av1) installed. Davinci resolve actually utilizes both cards. (UPDATE- I fixed an rtx3090 that I also picked up for $300 that had burned 12volt pcie traces and now I am using the single rtx3090.) If I get the other 3090 working, I may throw that in too or find someone who needs one. I don't game but I probably should. The last time I gamed on a pc other than iracing for a bit was the original Diablo. I guess that makes me----old.

Comment

Hi I am Ivica from Vršac,electronics are my hobby.

Comment

Oi meu nome é Carla, moro no Brasil e estou começando a fazer manutenção em notebook. Tenho uma empresa de informática a 20 anos e me interessei em aprofundar meu conhecimento mais a fundo. Eu gostaria de ajudar e ser ajudada. Agradeço muito ter sido aceita neste fórum.

Comment

My name is Nicholas, I own a computer repair company and I've been getting into board repair more and more, I've used this forum as a place for answers for years but only just recently decided to join.

Comment

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I'm passionate about electronics, I want to be part of this community and be able to help with the little I know.

Comment

Working...
                                          X